MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
As already discussed, buy with caution. This has the Ranger name but is NOT the LE Ranger T-Series.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I saw the same ammo local for 40.00 a box of 50

·
Registered
348 Posts
Rea lRanger Ammo

You want RA40T, RA9T, RA380T, RA357T,etc....

Those are the real part #'s for the "not so black talon, but still black talon" stuff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
MAH Supplies (www.mahsupplies.net) consistantly has the best prices on Ranger T. I carry the 165 gr RA40T but I am considering switching to the 180 gr bonded ranger. This is the ammo the FBI just spent $54M on!

·
Registered
348 Posts
MP40Fan said:
MAH Supplies (www.mahsupplies.net) consistantly has the best prices on Ranger T. I carry the 165 gr RA40T but I am considering switching to the 180 gr bonded ranger. This is the ammo the FBI just spent $54M on!

Generally, as a rule, I NEVER do anything the government does, they tend not to show the best judgement at times. after all, how much can a toilet seat really cost....

·
Registered
113 Posts
rjhauser said:
Generally, as a rule, I NEVER do anything the government does, they tend not to show the best judgement at times. after all, how much can a toilet seat really cost....

I would normally agree with you whole-heartedly, but I just do not see the type and quantity of testing in the private sector as I have by the FBI. If you have better private sources for wound ballistics, barrier penatration, etc. PLEASE SHARE.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Those FBI tests are like the Bible. I have seen them interpreted every which way.

This thread is interesting. Mostly informed and uninformed guesses by various people.

http://www.tacticalforums.com/cgi-bin/tact...c;f=78;t=001457

and this one;

http://www.tacticalforums.com/cgi-bin/tact...c;f=78;t=001456

Personally in 9mm I use 124gr +P Gold Dots, 165gr GD in .40, and 230 grain GD in .45. They are easier to find than the Rangers and nobody seems to have anything bad to say about them. I did use Black Hills until they stopped using Gold Dot bullets.

I performed this highly scientific analysis by reading a bunch of stuff, people's various comments, and using SWAG. Except for the 230 grain .45 which I have personal satisfactory experience with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts