MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this down to make sure I'm being fair to all parties involved. I'll post another review soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ruprex,

A well-thought out and honest assessment of both holsters. My thanks to you for taking the time to share this with all of us. This forum has been nothing but chock-full of information and this is another fine example of a why I enjoy this forum so much.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seikoguy said:
Ruprex,

A well-thought out and honest assessment of both holsters. My thanks to you for taking the time to share this with all of us. This forum has been nothing but chock-full of information and this is another fine example of a why I enjoy this forum so much.

My pleasure. I agree with you on this forum being top-notch. I like to give back when I can and I am thrilled you enjoyed the review.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: Review- K&D Cochise Defender & Comp-Tac C-T.A.C.

Ruprex said:
Now for the dirt on the Comp-Tac. Why are they using this crappy fastner system? The barrel nut they are using is very thin walled. For a spacer they have a spongy rubber gromit. While adjusting my clips fresh out of the box, I immediatly cross threaded the nut into the barrel bolt. This is because it is very difficult to get the two lined up with the spongy gromit spacer between the two.

Excellent description of a very frustrating problem. Changing the clip positions on the CTAC is indeed a PITA and I invariably end up starting to cross-thread at least one screw. I've found that the longer the rubber spacers are compressed, the longer they will stay that way when removed, giving me about a 15-30 second window to change positions. If I can remove the screw, change holes, and reinsert fast enough the spacer will not have uncompressed. Once it does though then it takes a little patience and a special touch to get the screw back in. I think the first time I tried it took me about 20 minutes. My wife got tired of hearing me yell at the holster...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

ER_STL said:
[quote name='Ruprex']Now for the dirt on the Comp-Tac. Why are they using this crappy fastner system? The barrel nut they are using is very thin walled. For a spacer they have a spongy rubber gromit. While adjusting my clips fresh out of the box, I immediatly cross threaded the nut into the barrel bolt. This is because it is very difficult to get the two lined up with the spongy gromit spacer between the two.

Excellent description of a very frustrating problem. Changing the clip positions on the CTAC is indeed a PITA and I invariably end up starting to cross-thread at least one screw. I've found that the longer the rubber spacers are compressed, the longer they will stay that way when removed, giving me about a 15-30 second window to change positions. If I can remove the screw, change holes, and reinsert fast enough the spacer will not have uncompressed. Once it does though then it takes a little patience and a special touch to get the screw back in. I think the first time I tried it took me about 20 minutes. My wife got tired of hearing me yell at the holster...
[/quote]

Thanks ER_STL. I'll be converting their system to something more like the K&D holster. Like you confirmed, it is very frustrating. I don't always carry in the same position and the need to alter the cant is a must. So for me, having a system that doesn't require several F-U's and a few Eat $&!t's is important.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

ER_STL said:
Changing the clip positions on the CTAC is indeed a PITA and I invariably end up starting to cross-thread at least one screw...I think the first time I tried it took me about 20 minutes. My wife got tired of hearing me yell at the holster...
I feel your pain. My first CTAC was very frustrating, but now I have several and have learned how to do it so that now its actually quite easy. Once you get a feel for it its no problem.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ruprex,

Nice review. 8)

I especially liked the video clips, they tell the story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts