MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a smith 6906 for a under the seat gun. I have a chance to get one for around 300.00 only one mag good to very good condition. Would it be a good investment? Do you think it will go up in value? Do all 6906s have the bobed hammer? I have seen that the mags are about 25.00.

How do they shoot? Do they have a low bore axis? How is the sa triger? Eill mags from anyother model work in the 6906?

Or do lyou think I would be better off buying a used mp9 or mp9c? I know I am talking apple and oranges.

thanks

wendelin

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
I have a S&W model 469 which is an earlier model of the 6906, it's a good reliable pistol, I've never seen one without a bobbed hammer, the old 469 doesn't have the greatest trigger in DA, but the single action trigger pull was fine. The only real objection to that frame is the ergonomics are lousy, it doesn't fit the hand well at all, it just feels like a brick, I believe other model magazines will fit, the major thing would be them hanging down below the grip, looking terrible, but should function and feed fine.

edited to add: I was just thinking, the 6906 might have come out after they changed the grip to be more ergonomic, instead of flat panels on an aluminum frame they went to a wrap around ergonomic plastic grip, and that might have been when they got more serious about improving the triggers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think the ergonomics are better on a glock ofr on the 6906?

thanks

wendelin

·
Registered
115 Posts
The 6906 is a great gun. It's a comfortable lightweight compact and it shoots a lot better than my 5906. $300.00 is a great deal too. As far as going up in value I doubt it but the prices that I have seen are from $300.00 to $600.00.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i own a 6904, the blue version of the 6906. i've installed a hogue finger grip and it greatly improves the feel and handling. the gun is quite reliable

·
Registered
55 Posts
I really like the 69 series! Nice and compact but still 12 rounds of 9mm.

I agree with G56, the grip of the 69xx's is much more ergonomic/comfortable than the x69's. But it all depends on YOUR hand. The sub compact Glocks don't feel comfortable for me!

I like the 'serrated' hammer with half-cock of the 2nd gen much better than the 3rd gens bobbed/smooth hammer! at half-cock, it makes for a much smoother DA trigger pull. the SA tigger is just like any other 2nd or 3rd gen S&W, little bit of take up before it releases but a really nice reset for rapid/multiple shots.

My 69 series do shoot a little lower than my 59's but a gunsmith (or someone) could adjust them.

I don't see a 3rd gen going down in value. But, if you don't have the box and papers, you intend to throw it under your car seat, it's not really being treated like an 'investment'. I have a NICE 6904 that's put away. The 69 series is great but everytime I tried to find a 'shooter', I kept finding more for investments....

Get it.

Talk about digging up an old thread...

Well, out of curiosity, did you get it? How do you like it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I own a 6946 which is a DAO version of the 6906. I have over 4500 round with not a single problem and I trust it with my life. $300 is a good price and I would suggest picking one up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts