MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Apex trigger in my 9C and like it a lot, but it is still no comparison to the new 2.0 triggers. Is there any way to acquire/swap out parts to make the 9C like the 2.0 Compact?

·
Site Staff
9,609 Posts
Welcome!

I don't know the answer to your question, but welcome! :yes

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I have an Apex trigger in my 9C and like it a lot, but it is still no comparison to the new 2.0 triggers. Is there any way to acquire/swap out parts to make the 9C like the 2.0 Compact?
The best trigger pull improvements aren’t achieved by replacing the stock trigger. They’re achieved by changing out the sear and striker block.

I have great trigger pulls in my M&P’s, and I kept the stock triggers in all of them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The best trigger pull improvements aren’t achieved by replacing the stock trigger. They’re achieved by changing out the sear and striker block.

I have great trigger pulls in my M&P’s, and I kept the stock triggers in all of them.
Please give us the details! I shoot Glocks in GSSF and know all of the tricks to make their triggers much better, but haven't tried anything with my M&Ps yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Please give us the details! I shoot Glocks in GSSF and know all of the tricks to make their triggers much better, but haven't tried anything with my M&Ps yet.
I did some searching and it looks like the trigger pull can be addressed with the Apex sear, so I ordered one from Brownell's ($12 shipping from Apex was insulting...).

Also seems that some of the same polishing tricks will work on the M&P trigger assembly, so will try that as well.

Current pull on mine is a horrendous 6.5lbs. My match Glock is down to 4.5lbs and is about perfect.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Replacing the sear and striker block with the Apex parts, along with the springs that come with them, has worked very well on two M&P9’s, and a 9c, for me. The trigger pulls ran from 3 1/2 to 4 1/4 pounds with no polishing of anything, while keeping the stock triggers. The M&P9 that I installed an Apex CAEK in has a pull of just under 2 1/2 pounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I only want to slightly lower the pull weight of my 9C. The 7 1/2 lb trigger weight makes my finger sore when dry firing. Will the enhancement springs help? I don't want to spend a lot of money on the problem. Suggestions other than the whole trigger replacement. Thanks.

·
Site Staff
9,609 Posts
The Apex parts I recommended above are a good way to do it, there is NO compromise on reliability with those parts. Springs are cheap, but if you replace the striker spring it could lower the reliability, if its a self defense pistol I wouldn't mess with the springs. If its just a plinker, no reason not to try it.

I have 3 M&P's but I left the trigger on my Shield alone since it is my carry pistol, I want absolute reliability in that pistol, although the ultimate striker block and machined sear will not change reliability at all. You can polish your striker block yourself, there are instructions on the web about how to do it.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I only want to slightly lower the pull weight of my 9C. The 7 1/2 lb trigger weight makes my finger sore when dry firing. Will the enhancement springs help? I don't want to spend a lot of money on the problem. Suggestions other than the whole trigger replacement. Thanks.
See my post #8 above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts