MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 40C shot it and i love this weapon. I am going to order the 9C,(12 rounder) with the safety, (not on the 40c) anybody have the 9c with the safety?

Hows it working for you? Thanks for your time Lt. G

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would love to have one of the compact models with a manual safety. I am hoping when the M&P45 Compact appears it has the manual safety option. Of course, I wouldn't mind a 40C or 9C with the safety either. Has anyone heard if it is going to be available that way in the future?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just Curious...

Why do you want the safety?

Since it only blocks the trigger bar, it really only keeps someone from pulling the trigger, it does nothing internally to keep the gun from actually firing.

Or do you just like a place to rest your thumb?

·
Registered
129 Posts
DukieDog said:
Just Curious...

Why do you want the safety?

Since it only blocks the trigger bar, it really only keeps someone from pulling the trigger, it does nothing internally to keep the gun from actually firing.

Or do you just like a place to rest your thumb?

Two reasons, one, I like the place to rest my thumb.

Second, since the M&P has no external hammer and a pretty light trigger, it is possible to get something jammed in the trigger guard while reholstering (like a holster strap, keys on the belt, any number of other things) that will pull the trigger as the gun is reholstered. Without a safety you get a discharge, with a safety (assuing it works properly) you don't. I'm not just making this possibility up, it has happened with Glocks. If it has not yet happened with an M&P, it is just a matter of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts