MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Shield 9 EZ and am looking for a decent mag pouch/ carrier to carry an extra magazine when I decide to use this for my EDC , what are you using I haven't found any for the EZ yet so any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
49 Posts
Vedderholsters.com has them. In fact I think most Kydex and a lot of leather holster makers have them also. You may find some for the .380 version, but you can always contact the manufacturer and ASK THEM if they make a 9mm version.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I’v made my own pocket mag carriers by cutting the flap off of cheap nylon folding knife cases. I have them for 9mm and .45 acp mags.

The pants/shorts I wear come with two mag pouches inside the cargo pockets, so I don’t need to use the homemade ones that often.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For CHEAP I buy nylon small or very small flashlight holders that have sturdy nylon "loops" on the back for attaching to the belt. They look crappy but for range work they do the job. I didn't mention the cheap nylon stuff because the OP specified he wants a mag holder for actually carrying. I wouldn't use the junky ones for that purpose but I suppose you could.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the recommendations , I am still looking , took the gun to the range today and after about 200 rounds I am liking it , a couple more range trips and get a good holster and it will probably become my EDC . I wonder if anyone is going to come up with a mag extender to make it a 10 round .

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked up a Shield 9 EZ and am looking for a decent mag pouch/ carrier to carry an extra magazine when I decide to use this for my EDC , what are you using I haven't found any for the EZ yet so any help will be appreciated
Just got one in the mail today; along with a holster; both are Kydex I bought from WethePeople. It is a universal one. I would imagine you can find universal kydex just about anywhere. The universal allows you to switch specers depending in the size of the magazine.

I think you can find them cheaper than what I paid.

·
Registered
679 Posts
If you want to carry the mag discretely OWB, find a cheap pocket knife w/pouch about the size of the mag. Toss the cheap knife and use the pouch for your mag. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My choice for a CCW mag pouch is Kytex Gear. The are very thin, hold the mag securly, are easy on & off and are relatively inexpensive with fast shipping. In over 40 years of carrying a handgun, these are the best mag pouches I have used and I've tried a lot of different one.

·
Registered
387 Posts
My choice for a CCW mag pouch is Kytex Gear. The are very thin, hold the mag securly, are easy on & off and are relatively inexpensive with fast shipping. In over 40 years of carrying a handgun, these are the best mag pouches I have used and I've tried a lot of different one.
While I agree that kytex gear makes the best kydex mag holders I've used, they are slow to release holders for new guns.
I would be surprised if they make one for this gun yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts