MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made it to the range this afternoon to run a few rounds through my M&P compact 9mm.

I am a very happy man. I was only able to shoot about 150 rds. through it, but it was flawless. This gun will probably be my new companion (on my side at all times)!!!

I was shooting my fullsize right beside my compact. The compact is only a little snappier than the fullsize. Recoil is easily managed; and a full range session with this gun won't be painful. Accuracy was excellent.

I think the grip design is right on. There is just enough grip to be comfortable; yet it is easily concealed. I have a Fist IWB; and this gun just about disappears in it. I can conceal it with just a

t-shirt.

The magazine design is excellent. 13 rounds (12 + 1) of 9mm in such a small package is very comforting. I haven't decided which mag I will carry yet. The extended base plate is nice; and it doesn't affect the concealability much at all. I am used to carrying a G26 without an extension, so the regular mag will work for me also. I will have to carry it both ways to see which one I like. Also, the fullsize mags functioned great in my compact.

The only ammo I tried was WWB, Blazer, and some reloads of mine. They all functioned 100%.

I don't know what else to say except I really, really like this gun. I was hoping to have some nice pics, but I just have not had time to take any. I'm going to the range again tomorrow. And then I'm shooting my first match Sunday.

I will be doing some wetpack ammo testing with my compact in the near future.

Stay tuned for that!!! :wink:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Great news YukonGlocker!! Nice review! I am glad that you like it, although I really had any doubts about it!! The compact is an awesome gun. I se it as kind of in between the G26 and the G19 in size. My .40c is VERY comfortable to shoot. How was accuracy in comparison to your G26? I am much more accurate with the .40c and it is more fun to shoot also

COuld you maybe give me a link to the FIST holster that you are using? I just recieved my Comp-tac Infidel yesterday and I really like it, but I would like to take a look at the FIST also.

Ron

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't shooting for extreme accuracy. Most of my shooting was was done quickly on an IPSC target, but the accuracy was just as good as my G26 doing the same thing.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K3.htm

This is the Fist holster I have. I have one with a slight forward cant. I don't care for the j-hook. The holster is really thin and easy to conceal. If I could change it I would have a loop instead of the j-hook; and I would add a sweat guard to keep the gun off my skin. It's a decent holster for the money.

I will be ordering a Kytac BraveHeart this weekend.

And I can't wait to try out my VM2!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks for the link. I will check it out. I am not that crazy either about the j-hook because it puts all the weight on your pants and not your belt. I also prefer 2 points of contact so that holster is more stable and does not rock. The BraveHeart does look like a great holster. I will be looking forward to a review when you get it. The Comp-tac Infidel is a great holster, but in all honesty, it is more of a holster just to tide me over until I get my leather one from K&D Holsters. The Cochise Defender is going to be sweet( http://kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html )!

Ron

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be picking up my BraveHeart on Sunday. I'm anxious to try it out.

I put another 100 rounds through my compact today without any problems. I would have shot it more, but I put about 150 through my fullsize also!!! I guess I'm about as ready as I'm going to get for my first match on Sunday. It will be an IPCS match with 4 qualifiers. I'm nervous; but I'm ready to jump in there and give it a try.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Excellent review Yukon!

Strangely enough I never had a desire to get a G26 but I am anxious to get a M&P9c for some reason :wink:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A shooting buddy of mine bought a M&P 9 fullsize and a M&P 9 compact. He decided to go back to Glocks, so he sold the M&Ps. He has a G34, G19, and G26. We went to the range today, and he shot my M&P compact. He now wants to sell either the G19 or G26, and buy another M&P compact!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
A shooting buddy of mine bought a M&P 9 fullsize and a M&P 9 compact. He decided to go back to Glocks, so he sold the M&Ps. He has a G34, G19, and G26. We went to the range today, and he shot my M&P compact. He now wants to sell either the G19 or G26, and buy another M&P compact!!!

Yukon, just curious, what reason did your buddy give for getting rid of the M&P's the first time?

Glad that you like the 9C. Like you, I have both the full size and the 9C and they are GREAT!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He has large hands and he likes the Glock grip.

He also thought the Glock was easier to tear down.

He is a competition shooter; and he shot the Glock better.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
109 Posts
compact

I'm the buddy back here on the forums. I did pick up a compact yesterday NIB a guy had for sale. I really like the 26 but Yukon cursed me again Thursday when I checked out his compact. There is just something about the gun. Now, as the song says, "I'm torn between two lovers". I am trying to decide which I like the best. I shoot a 34 in competition and really like it as compared to the full sized M&P but in the compacts, I may be persuaded to go with M&P. I think I might go to the range today and do a side by side comparison to make up my mind for sure. I have the large back strap on and I have to admit, it feels great in the hand. The factory trigger does leave a lot to be desired though. If I keep it, I'm going to have Dan do a trigger job on it to shorten up the reset and smooth it out some.

·
Registered
9 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
I wasn't shooting for extreme accuracy. Most of my shooting was was done quickly on an IPSC target, but the accuracy was just as good as my G26 doing the same thing.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K3.htm

This is the Fist holster I have. I have one with a slight forward cant. I don't care for the j-hook. The holster is really thin and easy to conceal. If I could change it I would have a loop instead of the j-hook; and I would add a sweat guard to keep the gun off my skin. It's a decent holster for the money.

I will be ordering a Kytac BraveHeart this weekend.

And I can't wait to try out my VM2!!!

KYTAC pouches and holsters are nice. However, it takes ages for it to deliver. Since this is a one man store and the owner David Elderton are very hard to contact. He use lots of his time in competition shooting; therefore,may lack of time to complete the orders on time. A person had mentioned that he wait one year for a holster from Kytac!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts