MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already saw a couple threads on this mainly 4-5 months old. Are there any updates on the causes.

My issue has been with large grain, hence I assume longer round and flat nose rounds. Been an issue since day one.

I keep my mags loaded in between range trips. Maybe 200 rounds shot so far.

RSO today thought it was the feed ramp. May want to polish it. Not using any tools. But, he mentioned polishing compounds. Saw ones on-line like Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish. Or, he even mentioned toothpaste. Seems like the hand polishing can take a lot of time.

I am wondering if at this point it is best just to send back to S&W and let them do it.

Didn't know if in the last few months any other topics on this have been discussed with any resolutions.

Thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
I've shot many hundreds of rounds of 115 and 124 grain ammo through my wife's EZ9 and never had even one malfunction. I'll have to try 147 grain to see what it does.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and the blunt nose miss fed also.

RSO had me smack up on the bottom of the mag and round then loaded. Not sure if that is a clue to issue. Would think either ramp or ejector as it happens on 3 different mags.

I did email S&W and will send it in for repair. I want to use any round I would like to try, except +P.

My last contact with a S&W rep a couple of weeks ago had him tell me all rounds should shoot fine.

Kinda disappointing. But, an opportunity to learn more about my handgun and ammo.

My dry firing with a G-Sight laser has gone very well.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Already saw a couple threads on this mainly 4-5 months old. Are there any updates on the causes.

My issue has been with large grain, hence I assume longer round and flat nose rounds. Been an issue since day one.

I keep my mags loaded in between range trips. Maybe 200 rounds shot so far.

RSO today thought it was the feed ramp. May want to polish it. Not using any tools. But, he mentioned polishing compounds. Saw ones on-line like Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish. Or, he even mentioned toothpaste. Seems like the hand polishing can take a lot of time.

I am wondering if at this point it is best just to send back to S&W and let them do it.

Didn't know if in the last few months any other topics on this have been discussed with any resolutions.

Thanks
Yes. If the pistol isn’t functioning reliably, call S&W, and send it in for warranty work.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I got my return label to send gun back. Need to go to FedEx Authorized Shipper.

Instructions say:

"For Express handgun shipments, use a FedEx Box (free of charge from a FedEx Customer Center) or a sturdy shipping box."

Should I do this. Or, box it myself. It will at least be in the S&W box that came with the gun. So, well protected. My concern is taking to FedEx in my S&W box and they just take it and say they will box it. I would want to see that done and get my receipt with tracking number before leaving. Don't know if they would do that while I wait. Especially if they have other customers in store.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Thanks, and the blunt nose miss fed also.

RSO had me smack up on the bottom of the mag and round then loaded. Not sure if that is a clue to issue. Would think either ramp or ejector as it happens on 3 different mags.

I did email S&W and will send it in for repair. I want to use any round I would like to try, except +P.

My last contact with a S&W rep a couple of weeks ago had him tell me all rounds should shoot fine.

Kinda disappointing. But, an opportunity to learn more about my handgun and ammo.

My dry firing with a G-Sight laser has gone very well.
That’s indicative of a weak recoil spring to me.
I git my return label to send gun back. Need to go to FedEx Authorized Shipper.

Instructions say:

"For Express handgun shipments, use a FedEx Box (free of charge from a FedEx Customer Center) or a sturdy shipping box."

Should I do this. Or, box it myself. It will at least be in the S&W box that came with the gun. So, well protected. My concern is taking to FedEx in my S&W box and they just take it and say they will box it. I would want to see that done and get my receipt with tracking number before leaving. Don't know if they would do that while I wait. Especially if they have other customers in store.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks
Yes, they will.

I take mine to the local pack n ship place, and have them put it in one of their boxes along with the styrofoam peanuts and attach the return shipping label. I have to pay for the box and packing material, but it beats have to drive further to a FedEx or UPS hub.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rick M

My FedEx is close and it is a FedEx Return label. I am thinking I will box it myself. And, attach Return Label. I just didn’t like the idea of leaving the gun in the S&W box with them. And, not seeing it being boxed and sealed before. I left store.

6 to 8 weeks is a long time. May have to rent a gun at range. Don’t want to go that long with out firing a gun.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
S&W just received my 9EZ yesterday. Anyone have any RECENT return times. Hoping 6-8 weeks is just their standard reply.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts