MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if 9mm rounds could be loaded in the 40 m&p compact mags in order to increase round capacity. This would only matter if then the 40 mags fit in the 9mm m&p compact. I know that this can be done in the xd line of pistols. Has anyone tried it? I would like to get a round count similar to the G19 in the smaller frame m&pc. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Well since there is no such thing as a 40 compact mag right now I'd have to say no it won't work for you. As soon as the 40 compacts are released we can give it a try and it may work. I have done it with the fullsize mags put 9s in the 40 mags but I had problems with the slide locking back with a round in the mag, true this could be tuned to work but maybe not by the average guy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't know the 40 isn't availible in a compact yet. Will have to keep an eye on it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess this issue can now be addressed. Anyone actually tried it or have plans to try it out?

To be honest, 12 rounds of 9mm in such a small package is probably plenty. Just curious.

·
Registered
84 Posts
kbatty said:
I guess this issue can now be addressed. Anyone actually tried it or have plans to try it out?

To be honest, 12 rounds of 9mm in such a small package is probably plenty. Just curious.

Yeah 12+1 is more than most compact and subcompact guns, without mag extensions. I am sure that Pearce Grips will come out with a +2 mag extender like they have for the Glocks... (Are you listening Pearce?) 14 + 1 in a subcompact pistol will be great!

Time will tell... it is still early.

Hub

·
Registered
495 Posts
I know on the HK P2000 (and USP compact) the 10 round .40 mags hold 13 rounds of 9mm and function perfectly. The followers on the HK are the same for both rounds and the mag tubes as far as I could measure were also the same except for the holes in the back to show the rounds. Whether this will work on the M&Ps or not I do not know.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use HK USP40 Compact 10-round magazines in my HK P2000 V3 9mm, and they hold 13 rounds of 9mm, and continue to function 100% reliably, even for slide lock. I bought a small number of M&P .40/.357 10-round magazines, but they don't hold 9mm cartridges reliably. I suspect that the same would be true of M&P Compact .40/.357 magazines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts