MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to post this, but...

Dick's Sporting Goods has Remington UMC 9mm 115GR FMJ on-sale: $79.00/case of 500 rnds.

(10 boxes, of 50 rnds)

·
Registered
46 Posts
A couple of weeks ago the price went up to that amount. For several months prior, it was $69.98 a case. At least here in MA.

dd

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a box (50 rnds), not a case, of regular Remington 9mm (not Golden Saber, or anything fancy), at Gander Mountain for $54.00!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
TAC said:
I saw a box (50 rnds), not a case, of regular Remington 9mm (not Golden Saber, or anything fancy), at Gander Mountain for $54.00!!!

did you ask them to verify that price? could have been a mess up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is that Dick's sale only on 9mm or do they have a sale on .40 as well? Need a case or two to break in the new pistol.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PatM&P said:
[quote name='TAC']I saw a box (50 rnds), not a case, of regular Remington 9mm (not Golden Saber, or anything fancy), at Gander Mountain for $54.00!!!

did you ask them to verify that price? could have been a mess up.[/quote]

They verified the price, and other brands/calibers were similarly priced. The cheapest 9mm was Federal American Eagle 124GR FMJ @ $22.99/box of 50, and he said it was because it was old inventory.

·
Registered
210 Posts
TAC said:
[quote name='PatM&P'][quote name='TAC']I saw a box (50 rnds), not a case, of regular Remington 9mm (not Golden Saber, or anything fancy), at Gander Mountain for $54.00!!!

They verified the price, and other brands/calibers were similarly priced. The cheapest 9mm was Federal American Eagle 124GR FMJ @ $22.99/box of 50, and he said it was because it was old inventory.[/quote]

That's crazy!!
They are going to charge you more for old inventory. They should be offering a sale to move the old inventory.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JohnA136 said:
Is that Dick's sale only on 9mm or do they have a sale on .40 as well? Need a case or two to break in the new pistol.

Not sure. .45ACP was also on sale, but my local store was out of stock, so I didn't check the price. The ad was in this weekends paper, or you could call one of the stores.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LockNLoad said:
[quote name='TAC'][quote name='PatM&P'][quote name='TAC']I saw a box (50 rnds), not a case, of regular Remington 9mm (not Golden Saber, or anything fancy), at Gander Mountain for $54.00!!!

They verified the price, and other brands/calibers were similarly priced. The cheapest 9mm was Federal American Eagle 124GR FMJ @ $22.99/box of 50, and he said it was because it was old inventory.[/quote]

That's crazy!!
They are going to charge you more for old inventory. They should be offering a sale to move the old inventory.[/quote]

No they are not charging more for old inventory. The price of $22.99 was the lowest price in the store on any 9mm ammo. When that stock is gone, he said that price on the American Eagle ammo would increase.

·
Registered
140 Posts
TAC said:

Sounds like they hit their merchandise with 2008 price tags a little early!

·
Registered
599 Posts
40 cal

40 cal on sale as of Sat. Nothing in today's ads. Same price as 45acp. I got my

Dick's $10 card on Monday after the price increase on Sunday. Wiped out my

$10 card if I use it. I was told ammo going up Jan 1.

·
Registered
505 Posts
im not surprise ammo would go up in price, but three or four times? that is absolutely nuts. if thats the case, i doubt ill be doing much shooting, if any in 2008.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PatM&P said:
im not surprise ammo would go up in price but three or four times. that is absolutely nuts. if thats the case, i doubt ill be doing much shooting, if any in 2008.

They took lessons from the oil industry!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dick's has the best price for UMC of any brick and mortar retailer. Wal-Mart used to be the best when they were $12.88/box of WWB, but they went up and the UMC at Dick's is the best thing going when you buy it at the "case" price of 10 boxes or more.

Re: Gander Mtn., it probably wasn't a pricing error. We just got one in Richmond and they are BY FAR the higest priced retailer of ammo ANYWHERE. Over $22.00/box of WWB 100 ct. Not sure what their strategy is with that . . . .

·
Registered
195 Posts
Blazer Brass is still $7.97/box 50 at the Wally World near me.(that's $79.70/500) .40SW is still $9.97/box 50. I cleaned them out of .40 yesterday. Actually I bought 20 boxes and left 4 on the shelf I think.
Been doing that for the past month and a half. When .40 everywhere else is 12.00 + per box, the 9.97 is a pretty good deal. I've accumulated over 4,000 rounds of .40 SW at that price or less.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Has anyone checked their local Gander Mountain's ammo prices recently? I'd be curious if it is across the board, or just my local store.

·
Registered
17 Posts
prices

Where I live, Wal-Mart has 9mm WWB 115gr FMJ 100 rds for 15.72. That's 78.60 for 500. Also they have Remington/UMC 9mm, 100 rds 115gr JHP for 19.97. These are their regular prices.

Stan

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I bought 4 boxes of 50 blazer brass at wally world for 43.00 I then saw a mega pack (250) UMC for 63.00 I will keep the 20.00 for targets :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts