MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, whats to say about the great MP40? As a big fan of all things 1911 and hater of all things polymer I have to say I really love the MP!

At my local range I tried every polymer-bodied piece and disliked all (glocks included!) with the exception of the MP. I really like the single stack mag and for the first time really liked the DA pull!

My first impression of the MP was in .40 which really turned me on to it... I use .45 with my 1911's so I figured I could try the MP45.. however I didnt like it as much as the .40.. it was not as smooth and did not feel right IMO.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and say hello as I am considering getting the 40 maybe at some point this year. I think I will be giving the MP40 vs MP45 another go before the purchase

Does anyone here prefer the MP40 over the MP45 like me for "feel"? It seems to me that the extra weight of a 1911 allows for that larger caliber IMO.

Take care folks!

Regards,

Kevin

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I prefer the feel of the .40 too! You will not be unhappy with either purchase though!! If I were you I would find an M&P40 carry Kit and buy ASAP!! Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I already have a Glock 22 40/357 Sig, so I went with the M&P45 (have 2 45's too though...duh)anyway, I really like the gun, less recoil than my Ruger P90 and P345 and really accurate. My Glock is my least favorite of my centerfire pistols.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts