MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I apologize, for this BS that I was sent as John has informed me about, but its still fun.

This Video is VERY GRAPHIC in fact Jester my remove it, but if you have ever been curious about what .50 cal sniper rifle will do to a human being at 2300 meters you are in for a treat... Here is what was sent to me with the video to give you a background.

A Canadian sniper in Afghanistan has been confirmed as hitting an enemy soldier at a range of 2,310 meters, the longest recorded and confirmed sniper shot in history. The previous record of 2,250 meters was set by US Marine sniper Carlos Hathcock in Vietnam in 1967. The Canadian sniper was at an altitude of 8,500 feet and the target, across a valley, was at 9,000 feet. Canadian sniper units often operated in support of US infantry units, which were grateful for their help. The record lasted only one day, until a second Canadian sniper hit an enemy soldier at 2,400 meters, (8000 feet). The Canadian snipers fire special .50 caliber McMillan tactical rifles, which are bolt-action weapons with five-round magazines. The Canadian snipers were the only Canadian troops operating without helmets or flak jackets as they had too much other equipment to carry.

OK, now, what John has below and what I have are identical, so I believe someone sent us some BS, so I do apologize, but as you will see in my second, use your imagination.

Just click the movie real.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
This has been going around the net for a couple of years, someone took those scenes and decided to have some fun at the expense of others.

You will find this exact same scene in the so called sniper video and the free sample from Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunters, the only difference is the www.rmvh.com lettering in the free preview.

http://www.rmvh.com/Movies/ChucksShort3.wmv

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Ya, thats been around for a couple of years...

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
190 Posts
I remember the first time I saw the sniper video. It looked fake and I was always suspect of it being a person getting hit. The rock chuck angle makes perfect sense though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So do varmint hunters just go out and shoot these critters over and over again until they either can't find any more or run out of ammo? I know we're all allies here on the issue of firearms ownership, but I really can't see the appeal of doing something like that; it seems horrible. I understand the sport aspect of dangerous game hunting (though do not support the hunting of endangered species), and the free food/tracking aspect of deer hunting, but can't really fathom this. :?:

What's more amazing is that someone actually produced a video, for sale, showcasing rodents being shot over and over again.

:?

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
I just took the opportunity to get together the 2 scenes to show it's a fake, I'm not trying to rub it in, but I wanted to have the info ready the next time I run into this.

bchandler, as far as those critters, they are rodents, vermin, like rats and mice, do you have a problem with killing mice? Same thing only bigger.

BTW, I'm fixin to go prairie dog hunting in June, I wish I had a video camcorder, then I could shoot some scenes like the Seekers of the Red Mist! It's fun to watch those pasture rats fly!

·
Registered
21 Posts
No, I don't have a problem killing mice if they have invaded my home and pose a health risk. I would, however, have a problem if I found myself going out with a .22 shooting every one I saw and seeing how high I could get them to flip. I try not to stigmatize an entire order of mammals simply because they are, well... stigmatized. I'm also the kind of guy to adjust my step a little bit if I can to avoid walking on a beetle or something...

Maybe it has something to do with me owning a hamster as a kid.. :b

Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree on this issue?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
I guess I'll put on my leather shoes and go out and get a burger, I sure hope they don't have to kill anything to get that leather or make that hamburger, I mean....don't they use cows that have died of old age?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, not all shooters are hunters, some hunters are out for food and some others for sport, in any case we are all united on shooting as a sport in itself.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts