MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a movie that showed senate in the 60's describing a cia gun that showed a ice bullet gun, a frozen poison that would cause immediate heart attack. While i have seen the mythbusters debunk this, this was archived footage. I became very intrested and did a google, plus youtube search among others and can't find this footage. Does anybody have a link or some info on this? I personally don't believe this could work or would be even effective, but hell weirder things are out there i guess. Ive seen pictures of the cia silenced gun that was made way before any silencer was concieved.

The curious cat.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
When you think about an ice bullet, consider how long an ice bullet would last with a 2,000 degree flame right behind it, which of course is why the Myth Busters couldn't make it work, all that came out was some water vapor.

·
Registered
524 Posts
What about using compressed air like a pellet gun? I mean, for a close in assassination weapon it would work, right behind the ear. Some of those airguns are about the same as a .22LR in FPE. Now I have to beg the question, the ice would leave a wound channel, just no projectile...so why not stab the person?

I think I just creeped myself out thinking like that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Aside form the heat issues they were heaving, I think the Mythbusters guys came to the conclusion that Ice was fragile and the amount of penetration they could get was absolutely minimal. There are MUCH better ways of administering poison.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes there is a better way to administer it... The russians did it witha small hollow BB and a umbrella. If I remember right the poison was Ricin (Sp?) and was done by a spy back in the 80's or 90's... saw it on TV.

Hub

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
compressed air could be intresting. Supposedly the bullet was as thing as a needle, so up close use would be ideal. I wish i could find this, it looked like they were discussing the benefit of agents carrying this gun with them, but um ice melts lol!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes there is a better way to administer it... The russians did it witha small hollow BB and a umbrella. If I remember right the poison was Ricin (Sp?) and was done by a spy back in the 80's or 90's... saw it on TV.

Yea I remember that, ricin is some badddd stuff. Comes from castor beans. The russians have all sorts of crazy assassination stuff, look at the latest guy that was injected with some radioactive substance...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts