MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I am looking for a concealed holster for my m&p 40, I want one that goes on the hip inside of the waste of your pants. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, mine fires without the mag. Is there any way I can change this? Can I get the safety to where it wont fire with the mag removed? And the last one, I read on here the other day about being able to convert the m&p 40 to a .357 by installing another barrel...is this possible?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
First of all I am looking for a concealed holster for my m&p 40, I want one that goes on the hip inside of the waste of your pants. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Milt Sparks Versa Max II - There is no equal :wink:

Also, mine fires without the mag. Is there any way I can change this? Can I get the safety to where it wont fire with the mag removed?

Yes, you can replace it with a sear assembly that has the magazine disconnect. I have a brand new one in the wrap if you're interested.

And the last one, I read on here the other day about being able to convert the m&p 40 to a .357 by installing another barrel...is this possible?

You should be able to when the 357 SIG barrels are available.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Don't for get the Cochise Defender made by K&D Holsters. It basically does the same thing as the CTAC above, but it all leather except for the clips.

Ron

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I will go with the cochise defender....its cheaper and I think i can conceal it more! Is it premolded for the gun?

·
Registered
471 Posts
choochboost said:
The biggest difference being you can't switch around the tabs with the Cochise Defender like you can on a CTAC. As big of a fan of CTACs as I am, I wouldn't be interested in it if I couldn't switch out the tabs. All 4 of my CTACs got that mod. It makes a significant difference IMO.

choochboost, are you familiar at all with K&D Holsters and have you taken the time to go look at the Cochise Defender there? Please take a look here, http://kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html . The design of the holster is pretty much the same as the CTAC. Kevin (from K&D) even orders the kydex clips from Comp-tac. This holster can be changed for height and different cants, just like the CTAC. Unless I am misunderstanding your post, I don't think you are correct.

I am not knocking the CTAC. IMHO, Comp-tac makes the best Kydex gear available!! I just sold a Gurkha, only because I just sold my Glock G27. I will be getting another holster from them in the future and it will probably be the CTAC. It is a great holster. But so is the Cochise Defender.

Just my 2 cents

Ron

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The clips can be adjusted on both holsters which is very nice, but I'm talking about switching the actual leather tabs on the CTAC. It changes the starting position of the clips which can still be adjusted from that point. Where the adjustable clips give you 9 possible configurations, you get an additional 9 possible configurations when you switch around the tabs. Among other things, it allows the gun to ride lower, with more cant, and IMO even more comfortable and concealed better.

To see what I'm talking about, check this out: http://californiaccw.org/posts/list/793.page#9736

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
471 Posts
m&pstevo, it will take that long, but what you get is a masterpiece!!

choochboost, it seems that I am the one who was not totally sure of my facts, (sorry). I did not realize that one could also move the leather tabs around for more adjustment possibilities. Thanks for the link, it really did help explain it.

Ron

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys im about to order the cochise! Do you think the sweat band or any of the extras they offer will be of good use?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a Cochise Defender on order and I ordered it with the sweat guard. I think the holster is more comfortable with it as the firearm is not against your skin. It also adds a bearer against sweat, thus it's name.

What other extras can you get with it? I don't remember.

Ron

1 - 20 of 20 Posts