MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened overnight in Tampa, Thursday night 5/13/2010:

Homeowner grabs gun, thwarts would-be robber

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- A would-be robber in Tampa Thursday night wasn't expecting an armed homeowner.

According to Tampa Police, a homeowner in the 2200 block of North Boulevard shot a man trying to break into his home.

Officials said the break-in occurred just after 11:30 p.m. after the man had walked a guest out of the back door of his home. Moments later there was a knock at that door. When the man opened the door, a masked man with a knife tried to force his way in, according to police.

The homeowner was stabbed in the hand but managed to get the door closed.

Officials said the invader then broke a window in the back of the home in an attempt to get in. That's when the homeowner, who had retrieved a handgun, began firing shots at the masked man.

The intruder ran away, fleeing in a dark colored, late-model Honda, according to officials. They did not say if the intruder was shot or not.

The homeowner was not seriously injured.

Its good that more and more people are arming themselves to protect their family. The instructor at our personal defense NRA class said that there are now about 560,000 permit holders in the state of Florida, a significant rise from the old average of 200k-250,000. We are fighting back!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
We're starting to see more and more people standing up. Good to see it too.
Too bad the media doesn't say more about it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
it was alot easier to get my CWP and my G license then it was to get my CC

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I am certainly glad the homeowner was not seriously injured. Castle Doctrine should be passed in every state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts