MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting post from TFL. Hard to say how the live one got there, maybe a fool playing games. But it was worth passing on the reminder.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showth...d=1#post2627652

I was at a large retail chain that sells firearms(won't mention the name) and I was looking at some Sigs. I asked the clerk behind the counter if I could look at a certified pre-owned Sig 229 9mm. He picked up the gun from the display case, racked the slide to check it, and a live 9mm fmj came flying out and landed on the counter! We were both pretty suprised, and had he not have checked the gun first, I always check the chamber on any gun that is handed to me, even if I just watched somebody do it.

Somebody goofed up at Sig. That is the first time I have ever had a gun in a store eject a live round. Just goes to show you, treat a gun as if it is ALWAYS LOADED.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Unless the gun came out of a sealed case (which it didn't), there is no way to pin this on the manufacturer.

Having said that, there have certainly been instances in which loaded guns have shipped from factories. Very rare (rarer nowadays as fewer and fewer companies test fire guns destined for the commercial/retail market) but it happens.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Be grateful the sales guy was savvy enough to check the chamber first. I've had guns handed to me in a gun store with the muzzle first and finger on the trigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts