MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to a restaurant a few days ago packing my 9mm M&P Compact. I visited the mens room to take care of business and wash my hands. As I was pulling my pants up my hand slipped off of my belt and snagged my pistol. The pistol cleared my IWB holster and fell hard to the tile floor, skidded about 3 feet and banged up against a corner. :oops: I quickly recovered it and jammed it back into my holster right before someone else walked into the room. I inspected the pistol later on in the evening to assess the damage that I had done. I was extremely pleased to discover that there was absolutely no damage done whatsoever!
This is one incredibly durable firearm!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I performed the same test on my M&P40c out in the parking lot after a range session. My shirt had come partially un-tucked and when I tried to holster the pistol didn't go in due to the shirt blocking its path and fell on the asphalt instead.

The good news: the gun, which was fully loaded, did not go off. So, the firing pin safety system works perfectly.

The bad news: The impact took a chunk out of the front of the trigger guard and caused a crack on the inside the trigger guard all the way across.

The pistol is currently on its way to S&W for frame replacement. :-(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Condolences

Sorry to hear about the damage to the frame on your pistol.
I guess I got lucky on my accidental drop test.

·
Registered
129 Posts
vallhawke said:
Soory to hear about the damage. Will S&W replace it for free? :?:

I guess we will find out. I'm thinking not, but all they told me was to send it in, so I did. Maybe I will get lucky.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sorry to hear about your 40c. I too drop tested my MP9c. I remember holding my breath as it fell toward the floor. Thankfully no AD. I really love this gun.

·
Registered
280 Posts
You could always seal over the crack with an epoxy-like material, if S&W won't fix it. We'll have to see what happens through CS.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got the M&P40c back from S&W on Friday. They replaced the frame for free. They didn't offer to pay for shipping when I sent it in (I'm sure they would have if it was a failure that was not my fault). Can't beat either the service or the turn around time. I'm very pleased.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well, I dropped a Walther P99 and messed up the frame on one of the rails. S&W/Walther USA doesn't have spare Walther P99 frames, and was just gonna give me a whole new gun for $500, if I sent in the damaged one.

That's not very helpful.

I sold the damaged one for $425 and just bought a new one for $100 more.

But, since they actually make the M&P, things should work out for ya.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts