MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of accuracy can be expected when benching from 25 yards?

I have a few guns that I can shoot 1.5" or less at 25...I might have a hard time warming up to a gun that won't stay under 3" with an ammo that it likes.

I really haven't seen any good discussions about accuracy. - Josh M.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am the biggest "limit" on tight groups with mine. I can get about 5" groups at 25 yards, no bench. This is pretty standard for me, and the gun can do better with someone besides me behind it... :?

I get the same 5" groups with my G36 and my (former) fully customized 1911 (Traded the 1911 for the G36 and enough cash to buy the M&P
), my BIL could nail 2" at 25 yards all day long with the 1911. He has not had the chance to shoot the others yet, so no confirmation on the group possibilities.

I did have a
"FEMALE" shooter give it 5 rounds at 5 yards and she left 3 holes inside about 1.5", better than me... :oops: She was in love...with the gun....after those 5 shots. She was also LEO in training, made me glad I would never be on the other end of her gun. Her male friend did nearly the same at 10 yards, 5 shots, 4 holes, all within ~1.5". She wouldn't let him shoot it at 5 yards...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Guns & Ammo

September 2007

M&P 45

Sandbag rest at 25 yards

Sub two inch 5 shot group

Black Hills 230 grain FMJ Ammo

Bart Skelton

1 - 3 of 3 Posts