·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Look to dawson, I think they have one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine shoots consistently low w/ 115 gr ammo. I suppose it could be the shooter, but if I aim high I can pretty much knock the center out of the target. I would like to not have to cover the target point with the front dot. I'll check dawson.

Thanks,

J. Tucker

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
As a shooter that has shot competitively in more than one field, I really like adjustable sights, I don't have them on all my pistols, but it's nice to have that option available.

I'll keep my M&P with combat fixed sights since they are inherently more rugged than most adjustable sights.

·
Registered
147 Posts
JT, nobody makes an adjustable sight for the M&P that I'm aware of, all of the rear sights from Burwell, 10-8, Dawson & Warren are non-adjustable. However.....there is an adjustable sight that will work on it but it's not made for it. We stock LPA sights for the 5906 and it will fit the M&P but the dovetail cut is not the same, it leaves a very slight (about .003 or .004) gap at the very bottom of the dovetail. I have one on my M&P and it has several thousand rounds through it with no problems. I've installed that same sight on several other M&P's used in IDPA & USPSA with no problems. I have no idea when, if ever, someone will come out with an adjustable rear sight but I did talk to the LPA people at the SHOT show about it, absolutely no idea if they listened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
kend said:
JT, nobody makes an adjustable sight for the M&P that I'm aware of, all of the rear sights from Burwell, 10-8, Dawson & Warren are non-adjustable. However.....there is an adjustable sight that will work on it but it's not made for it. We stock LPA sights for the 5906 and it will fit the M&P but the dovetail cut is not the same, it leaves a very slight (about .003 or .004) gap at the very bottom of the dovetail. I have one on my M&P and it has several thousand rounds through it with no problems. I've installed that same sight on several other M&P's used in IDPA & USPSA with no problems. I have no idea when, if ever, someone will come out with an adjustable rear sight but I did talk to the LPA people at the SHOT show about it, absolutely no idea if they listened.

HI Kend

I'm also interested in these sights too. When i go to your web site there is 6 different models. Is there a particular one that fits the M&P or does all of them?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
kend said:
Any of the 5906 rear sights should work, let me know which one you're interested in and I'll check it.

LPA Rear Sight, TPU Series, 3 Dot System Blade Prod#1003

Will this also work with my front sight that came on my MP 40?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kend,

I'm interested in those, but I need some clarification. It looks loke there are 2 basic types; TPU and TR series, the picture looks the same for each of the 3 variants, but I guess they have different sight markings (dot, outlone etc.). My main question is which type would fit/work best with the M&P? Does the TPU hang off the back of the slide? Do bothe the TPU and TR offer the same range of adjustment? Will they work with the factory front sight. Right now I am leaning toward TR 3 dot #1009, but that may not be the best choice.

Thanks,

J. Tucker

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't have a decent camera to take a picture with. The TR series doesn't seem to fit as well as the TPU does so I would say use the TPU sight on the M&P. The blade is flush with the rear edge of the slide so it doesn't hang over any. The other minor problem is the base of this sight is .785" wide which isn't quite wide enough to cover the plunger underneath the sight but it's only a few thousandths short so it's not that noticeable.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Novak

I contacted Novaks a few weeks ago to ask if their "Extreme Duty" adjustable sights would be available for the M&P. They answered that it wasn't yet but they expected to have it "in a couple of months". Some more inqueries might speed up the process.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts