MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's other postings on sights but not seeing what I'm thinking...maybe no real option. My MPc and MPfs shoot low by 2 inches at 7 yards. I've seen other post on the low shooting. My Shield shoots on, buddy's (C) shoots on like every time. All this is at bench rest, side by side. I got a Hi-Viz front site that I believe is a little shorter (.160) and might help once on..maybe wrong. I heard the stock is .166. Anyway...I've been looking up to get just a rear Adjustable sight. Is there one/non-FO or FO, that will work with the standard front? Man, I love to tailor my gun to my shooting....then I'd love these MPs more than I do. I know I can adjust my shooting with the stock sights....but being selfish, I'd rather not. help me out guys. Thanks

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Factory sights are .160". If you're shooting 2" low at 7 yards (probably more than 6" low at 25 yards), you're doing something wrong. Correcting your gun for that would require taking a significant amount off the front sight, leaving nothing but a stub. Have you kept up with your dry-fire drills (try the Wall drill)? Has your trainer shot your gun, and was she/he that low?

Maybe you need to "shoot the dot" like JeffWard does (combat sight picture?), or use heavier ammo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, I will try shooting some more again this week and see what's up. so what's expected out of the stock site of FS and compact model?. Dead on at 7 yards/10 yards? I understand the testing/or set is with 124 bullets. Whatever it/the distance may be, how does that affect the shot back to 20 yards? I know I'll just have to practice more but funny how I seem to shoot my buddy's compact and the shield right on back to 10 yards in sub 3 inch groups and with 115 grain. We'll see. thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Factory sights are .160". If you're shooting 2" low at 7 yards (probably more than 6" low at 25 yards), you're doing something wrong. Correcting your gun for that would require taking a significant amount off the front sight, leaving nothing but a stub. Have you kept up with your dry-fire drills (try the Wall drill)? Has your trainer shot your gun, and was she/he that low?

Maybe you need to "shoot the dot" like JeffWard does (combat sight picture?), or use heavier ammo.

+1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts