MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any adjustable sights available for the full size M&P9?

Novak has been promising to offer them but it's been "any week now" since I first called them last January.

I really like adjustables and have installed them on every pistol I can find them for. I'd like to do the same for my M&P. Suggestions?

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
I've read on this board that the dovetail is an odd size, fitting another sight either requires the sight be made in the correct size or it would require milling a new dovetail in the slide.

I'd like to have adjustable sights like the Novak, but wouldn't want to make any changes to the factory dovetail.

Maybe if Dan Burwell or one of the other gunsmiths could add a comment here to clarify the situation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Give it some time. With M&Ps becoming as popular as they are it won't be long for the major sight manufactures to start making sights for them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rollback88 said:
I am also wanting some adjustable. I noticed some elevation adjustable Novaks on their website, but I'm not sure if the M&P is the same sight as the 1911 in the picture

http://www.novaksights.com/extreme_duty_adjustable_sight.htm

Does anyone make a fully adjustable for the M&P???

--jcd
The Novak adjustables for the S&W 1911 won't fit the M&P.

As I mentioned, Novak is working on adjustables for the M&P but doesn't have them yet. It sounds like I'll have to wait until Novak is ready since no one else has them either.

As an aside, why does EVERY maker have to have a unique dovetail? Why not standardize on one or two designs and be done with it?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Proprietary = more $$$

Simple as that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts