MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size hex do I need. I bought a set that is metric and nothing fit. Someone who is coaching me is going to tighten it for me but for future reference I would like to know how to do it myself.

I know that my carry purse is knocking it out of wack. The stupid purse lets the gun wander around so that I have even found it upside down inside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt it is anything carried in the purse. The gun compartment is in the middle and only accessed from the side so it does not come into direct contact with anything. However, I am new to carrying, and have set the purse down with less gentleness then I should I kind of suspect that one time the gun had done a somersault and was upside down and maybe it jarred the site a bit. (sometimes the gun is laying that way when I go into the compartment, sometimes it is laying sideways too. I bought a cheapo ebay gun purse and need to make some adjustments to this so it works better. I plan to sew a smaller pocket shaped to the bottom half of the gun itself so it doesn't turn over or lay flat while stored there.)

Could also have been that the site needed tightening from the get go. It is a new gun and I wouldn't have guessed that it needed tightening. Right after I got the gun it shot very well, very accurate.

Then the next two range trips (one a class the other some individual training) I was consistantly shooting to the support hand side. (right as I shoot wrong handed.) I was so frustrated because I thought it was all my doing something wrong. Sure, I was doing stuff I needed to correct, but it was discovered that the sight was a bit off and now looking at it, it easily moves around back and forth.

I need to buy another set of hexes as I was stupid and got a metric set. (I didn't even know there were two types!)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Does your purse not have a holster built into it? If not, I would get another one that does if you want to carry that way. The gun should be in the same position every time you go for it. You should not have to guess how it is situated in the purse.

Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ron I am out of money! That is why I am going to take my nice strong quilt thread, wax it up nicely and do some sewing. When done, the inner pocket will have the bottom of it shaped to fit the bottom of the gun to the trigger guard only but there will be plenty of room above that. So, the gun can be easily retrieved but once in the gun pocket it will not be able to turn itself upside down.

I considered getting a pocket holster and attaching it but I really want to be able to draw and don't want to reach in and find I can hardly get the gun out of the holster comes with it.

I am going to start with as few stitches as I think will minimally work. Then add more until I find what works. Worse case: the stitches all come out and I have tiny holes from stitching that only I can see when I go into the purse for my lipstick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts