MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a couple extras and thought I would give it a try. If it doesn't turn out I'm not out much! What do you use equipment wise and what tricks and techniques can you share?

Thanks for the help!!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
time, a steady hand, and a sharp soldering iron tip.

I reccomend a fan to blow the fumes away from your face also.

The first ones take longer, but as you do it, you figure out it looks better the faster you go.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you use a soldering iron? How 'bout a wood burner? Can you recommend a specfic iron and or temp range?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Someone posted a few pics a while back froma guy that used a wood burning iron, alot of people thought it looked like rice cripspies.....lol I thought it looked cool, but noit sure if I would do it to mine!!!

Like John said, just go at it with the first one/small to experiment then try and figure out a patern that works for you!

Post pics!!!!!!!!!! 8)

coltman1985 said:
So you use a soldering iron? How 'bout a wood burner? Can you recommend a specfic iron and or temp range?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input!! Maybe I will go buy a soldering iron? Which one to buy....

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Doesnt really matter wich one you buy, I bought a battery operated one because it was more compact and easier to handle and I could get closer to the strap.

Just go to hobby bench or a hobby shop and buy a sharp iron tip, or just sharpen it yourself. Dan mentioned to keep your fingers on the inside of the BS to make sure you dont burn to deep, just go slow you will be amazed at how easy it is, The fan idea is a good idea, the fumes are terrible!!!

coltman1985 said:
Thanks for the input!! Maybe I will go buy a soldering iron? Which one to buy....

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the fan is a good idea!! I'll have to go to the hobby shop! Can't wait to do it this weekend. The wife wants to go somewhere for the holiday weekend, oh well... Maybe she will meet someone, I gotta stipple women!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the alimony payments would be less then she costs me now!! lol

Seriously, I have to put my foot down somewhere!! Gas is $3.76 a gallon here in the woodburbs, Maybe next weekend when traffic and gas comes down? She'll get what she wants... she always does...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
They always do brother......lmao

coltman1985 said:
I think the alimony payments would be less then she costs me now!! lol

Seriously, I have to put my foot down somewhere!! Gas is $3.76 a gallon here in the woodburbs, Maybe next weekend when traffic and gas comes down? She'll get what she wants... she always does...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the wife got what she wanted and I still have the urge to stipple!! WTH

Well I will get time tomorrow to try it out!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts