MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone here has installed the apex aek glock style trigger to a BONE STOCK M&P. I see a ton of posts about installing these in addition with a other apex "kits" and parts. I love my fs 9 as it is and I carry it on a daily basis. I'm not looking to lighten the trigger. I like the #s on the pull. My 9 has a felt/audible reset, etc. I'm just not a fan of the hinged trigger. I can shoot the daylights out of a g17 with it's trigger. If you have installed either the alum or poly aek trigger to a STOCK 9 or 40, I would be very interested in your thoughts about it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Go for it, as the description says, all its going to do is

"Reduced trigger pre-travel & over-travel by approximately 20%."

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had just the trigger for awhile. I liked it. According to apex it will lighten the pull slightly due to mechanical advantage over the stock unit. I didn't feel a difference in pull weight. But I also didn't have a gauge to put on either trigger

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just put only the trigger in a new full size. Feels really good. I do not mind the stock trigger
but the Apex trigger does have a better feel and made a small difference in trigger travel.
Still not as big an improvement as adding a full Apex kit but if you like the trigger feel it is worth doing and you can always add the other parts later.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did the Apex Poly Trigger to my FS9 and polished all the stock internal stuff. I love everything about the trigger now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies! I think I'll pick one up and give it a try. I'm thinking the poly trigger as opposed to the alum one. I'm just not convinced the alum one is worth almost twice the buck. Plus the poly one seems to blend in more to the rest of the frame according to the pics I've seen. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have just the trigger and it's great! Shorter uptake and just feels better all around

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just ordered the poly trigger for my 40c yesterday, can't wait to get it and install it. If it an improvement I will order one for my Pro Series CORE 9.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am the minority I guess as I installed the Poly AEK trigger and really did not like it. I have gone back to the stock M&P Trigger and will not change it again.
The Poly AEK made it so I could feel 2 reset points, the first was a false reset, then a soft reset. while the original trigger is most likely masking this I am ok with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I received my Apex poly trigger today and installed it in my 40c. No different in trigger pull weight, but it does have less travel and feels more solid. I can't wait to try it at the range. I did not have to do any adjustments, but Apex did tell me that it was designed as a drop in.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I put the duty carry kit in my 9c a month or so ago. Yesterday I put in the Apex polymer trigger. It does shorten the pre travel. I also like how the trigger feels. The trigger no longer feels too thin. I shot it today, and it shot great. Some of the best shooting that I have done with the 9c yet. I shot an IPSC cardboard target and all of the 100 rounds I shot except 6 were in the A zone. I tend to have a death grip and jerk the trigger down after 5-6 perfect rounds. When I relax my grip, my shots improve. No issues today, maybe because I am tired? Anyway, I was function testing the 9c because of the new trigger. I also shot 100 rounds through my M&P Pro 5" because I put the FSS kit in it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do the USB next.... that will really make a difference.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well went to the range today to try the new trigger out and had a few dead triggers in the hundred rounds I took. Came home and opened the trigger loop up from the .009 it was at to .017. So far everything is fine but will have to try it at the range again tomorrow. I am sure that was all it needed. It sure is better than the stock trigger even with the dead trigger I got a few times.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Went back to the range today fired 50 rounds and no dead trigger issue. The adjustment must have worked.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts