MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone making after market grips yet? I'm thinking that something soft and "rubberish" with some checkering would be a nice replacement for my backstrap.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Drop down to Burwell Gunsmithing on this forum. Dan I believe has sharkskin replacement grips or he can work on grips you send him. Dan can better answer the question.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Dan does both "stippling" and "shark skin", stippling is much like the "golf ball" texture you see from other gun manufacturers, the shark skin is whats shown in the above pictures.

Mr Bowie does a texture similar to "shark skin" but the lines run vertically, rather then Dan Burwell's horizontal lines. Mr Bowie's grip texturing also encompasses the entire grip surface, rather then just the front and back strap.

The small differences, between stippling/shark skin/horizontal/vertical lines are almost all purely cosmetic, so its up to your eye's preference. Suffice to say, none of these custom jobs will be prone from leaping from your hand!

Talk with either gunsmith and they could probably accommodate any kind of pattern or combination that you'd like. Poke around their web pages as well, many examples of their grip enhancements on their sites.

·
Registered
42 Posts
flm grip mod

I havent tried that yet not sure exactaly how much could be cut off before it turned into a medium

it could probally be made alittle smaller.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts