MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search for after market magazines to no avail. Has anyone found after market mags? (M&P 9mm)

Regards, Rich

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Just a 30 round "happy stick".

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am not aware of any aftermarket mags for the M&P line.

Someone had indicated that XDm mags might be modified, but, the cost advantage is practically nil.

Nope, I scored a 1/2 dozen the night before the Conn. killings and only wish I had bought more at that price. $23 each... they are all now going for over $55 each.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Mec-Gar is the only aftermarket magazine maker I trust for any pistol except a 1911 and, AFAIK, Mec-Gar doesn't make aftermarket mags for the M&P line. They may, in fact, be the OEM maker, as they are for so many other guns, but I don't know if that's correct.

·
Registered
16 Posts
"Mec-Gar doesn't make aftermarket mags for the M&P line. They may, in fact, be the OEM maker, as they are for so many other guns, but I don't know if that's correct."

FWIW- Mec-Gar is the supplier to S&W for the M&P line of magazines. From what I understand, Mec-Gar is the worlds largest supplier of factory magazines. The list of gun makers they supply is a long one.

·
Site Staff
9,636 Posts
As part of their contract to make the OEM mags, they won't be making mags to fit the M&P for sale outside of OEM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts