MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
If there is I haven't heard of one for the .45 Shield. They've just barely started making aftermarket 9mm barrels.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Does anyone make an aftermarket barrel for the Shield .45?
Probably be at least another year, since the 9mm and 40S&W far outsold the 45 and there's only one aftermarket Shield barrel being made (to the best of my knowledge), and it's a 9mm.

Is there a problem with your stock one?
If there was, seems we would have heard about it by now. M&P45 Shield is more accurate than either of the others, but not by much. M&P9 shield is the least accurate, (again, not by much) hence the desire for an aftermarket barrel. M&P40 Shield is pretty much right down the middle, but more folks are asking for a barrel for it (40S&W to 9mm conversion) than either of the others.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Probably be at least another year, since the 9mm and 40S&W far outsold the 45 and there's only one aftermarket Shield barrel being made (to the best of my knowledge), and it's a 9mm.

If there was, seems we would have heard about it by now. M&P45 Shield is more accurate than either of the others, but not by much. M&P9 shield is the least accurate, (again, not by much) hence the desire for an aftermarket barrel. M&P40 Shield is pretty much right down the middle, but more folks are asking for a barrel for it (40S&W to 9mm conversion) than either of the others.
Would an aftermarket barrel really improve things in a 3" barrel? I feel I have trouble putting shots where I want it due to the trigger but many people say you shouldn't being a SD weapon.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts

KR:

What's the source for the Shield 9 barrel?

I need to get one for my PC Shield 9, as the ported barrel isn't "legal" to shoot in IDPA BUG.

Thanks!

·
Registered
680 Posts
KR:
What's the source for the Shield 9 barrel?
I need to get one for my PC Shield 9, as the ported barrel isn't "legal" to shoot in IDPA BUG.
Thanks!
Look below in the 'Similar Threads' list.
Aftermarket Shield 9 Barrel

It seems like someone is doing a threaded barrel for the Shield as well. I saw the thread on another S&W forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would an aftermarket barrel really improve things in a 3" barrel? I feel I have trouble putting shots where I want it due to the trigger but many people say you shouldn't being a SD weapon.
Most aftermarket barrels are an improvement over stock otherwise reviewers would pan them and they wouldn't sell.

If you want an improved trigger pull with less pull weight get the Apex Trigger and Action Kit, but leave the stock trigger spring in it, putting the Apex trigger spring in it keeps the pull weight near stock levels.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My shield 45 is accurate as I am able to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most aftermarket barrels are more accurate, which would make the gun POTENTIALLY more accurate in your hands. I'm a firm believer in the more accurate a gun is, the more accurate the shooter will be. But your results may vary.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Most aftermarket barrels are more accurate, which would make the gun POTENTIALLY more accurate in your hands. I'm a firm believer in the more accurate a gun is, the more accurate the shooter will be. But your results may vary.

Well my 40'shield was decent and this 45 is comparable to it.
So unless the barrel is "magic" the added cost vs the low potential for beneficial return makes it a non issue for me.

I dont shoot competition and I am comfortable with gun's as well as my accuracy as is.

A good accomplished shooter should and can be accurate with any weapon.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
So unless the barrel is "magic" the added cost vs the low potential for beneficial return makes it a non issue for me.

I dont shoot competition and I am comfortable with gun's as well as my accuracy as is.

My sentiments exactly!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

A good accomplished shooter should and can be accurate with any weapon

How silly, there's no such thing as a "magical" barrel, but there ARE aftermarket barrels that will make a gun more accurate, it's up to the shooter to actually utilize the increase in accuracy, IF you're "accomplished" enough. An example that I can personally attest to is shooting a qualification course that I typically get a perfect score on (easy course of fire), an aftermarket barrel in the Glock 22 tightened up the group. Could be I was just lucky that day, didn't keep the gun that much longer. As far as cost is concerned, I'm fortunate in that it's a non-issue for me, this gun thing can be an expensive hobby.

If you're happy with the accuracy of your gun, that's great, but I wasn't asking about that, I just asked if a certain product was offered by anybody yet.

It's also silly to say an accomplished shooter can be accurate with any gun, there are some ultra cheap guns out there that are simply inherently inaccurate no matter who's shooting it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
not trying to revive and old thread, but it has been 3 years, anyone know of any aftermarket barrels for the smith & wesson m&p .45 shield?

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Lone Wolf makes one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts