MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok here are the pics, nothing creative just variations of the same shot I guess:

I only opened the package about an hour ago so I can only share my initial impressions. I like this product so far. It is made for the M&P fullsize so I just trimmed it to the appropriate length for the compact. The pre-cut pattern could have been a better fit IMO.

I chose to wrap the grip and the backstrap separately so that I can still change my backstraps whenever I want. What you see will be my everyday carry set-up but I'll likely use an aggressively stippled backstrap for training with OWB. As you can see, I wrapped the mag sleeve as well.

It is soft against the skin so it is a winner for IWB carry and it does not grab at my T-shirt at all. The suede-like texture of the AGrip gives me wrap around grip enhancement which works for both my strong and support hand. I've always wanted something that would help the heel of my support hand lock in, and this seems to do it. It's a great alternative for those who, like me, are not crazy about the permanency of a full stipple or frontstrap job.

I like it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I am with you brother I will probably keep the backstrap w/o for the fact it is already stippled and like you said if I need to change it is easy.. looks good bro..

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sherpa said:
Anyone tried both this and the TruGrip? http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7221

How does it compare?
The gritty skateboard tape stuff like TruGrip will not last as long as AGrip. You might not care as it can just be re-applied. But it will also thrash your side if you carry IWB. If I carried OWB all day, I'd get the nastiest grip tape or stipple job available. But for everyday carry IWB, nothing is going to beat AGrip.

Steelshooter said:
I know these are very popular in the Glock world but man are they ugly.
Yeah, definitely not winning any beauty contests. Its all function.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I had a agrip on my sigma and it felt nice and looked good, its shelf life seamed to deteriorate for edc.

has anybody else had issues with theirs? I went to a hogue grip in the end before i sold it and went with an m&p.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I use Agrip on my Kahr P9. It really is comfortable for IWB carry. I like the way it makes me feel locked in to the grip. Before, it seemed that my hand slipped around on the polymer frame of the Kahr.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I put several hundred rds through my M&P .45 Saturday in SC. It got warm enough so that sweat was a factor. The AGrip seemed to work as well or better when damp and never shifted position on the gun. One of the other shooters as well as a gun mag writer suggested it would look better in pink, but I think they were just jealous...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welder said:
I put several hundred rds through my M&P .45 Saturday in SC. It got warm enough so that sweat was a factor. The AGrip seemed to work as well or better when damp and never shifted position on the gun. One of the other shooters as well as a gun mag writer suggested it would look better in pink, but I think they were just jealous...

pink

·
Registered
198 Posts
Based on some of their ad material, I am thinking of going with the small backstrap, a Hogue finger groove sleeve, and the AGrip over that. I'll post some pics as soon as I get everything together, if it seems like it will work for me. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've run an AGrip for six years on a Glock 22. It is a work gun. It gets shot a fair amount, handled a lot, carried a lot. The AGrip is non-abrasive. It will not chew up your clothes, nor your hands. It allows a more secure grip on the pistol compared to plain plastic - period.

When your hands are wet or sweaty, the AGrip enhances your grip. When your hands are cold and dry, the AGrip enhances your grip. It just flat out works,

After about five years, I finally pulled my original AGrip off my pistol. Every bit of the fur had worn off and the material had absorbed a lot of skin oil over the years. I planned to take it off and leave it off. One trip to the range changed my mind. On went a new AGrip.

The only downside to the AGrip is that it can sometimes peel back on the leading edge from catching on the holster. I just keep trimming it back until this no longer happens. When the material start to feel a little slick, take a toothbrushe and warm soapy water and scrub it a little, being careful not to get it too wet. That will bring it back somewhat.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Bloodnut said:
I've run an AGrip for six years on a Glock 22. It is a work gun. It gets shot a fair amount, handled a lot, carried a lot. The AGrip is non-abrasive. It will not chew up your clothes, nor your hands. It allows a more secure grip on the pistol compared to plain plastic - period.

When your hands are wet or sweaty, the AGrip enhances your grip. When your hands are cold and dry, the AGrip enhances your grip. It just flat out works,

After about five years, I finally pulled my original AGrip off my pistol. Every bit of the fur had worn off and the material had absorbed a lot of skin oil over the years. I planned to take it off and leave it off. One trip to the range changed my mind. On went a new AGrip.

The only downside to the AGrip is that it can sometimes peel back on the leading edge from catching on the holster. I just keep trimming it back until this no longer happens. When the material start to feel a little slick, take a toothbrushe and warm soapy water and scrub it a little, being careful not to get it too wet. That will bring it back somewhat.

Good tips I think I will be getting a Agrip again, this time for my m&p.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have some reservations about covering the mag release on the M&P given how little force it takes to drop mags on the M&P. Covering the mag release works great on Glocks which tend to take a bit off effort to activate. I notice chooch made a cut-out for his. I spoke with the maker of the AGrip a while back. He said that in at least one kB!, the AGrip kept the gun and mag release together which minimized injury to the shooter. The gun was a Glock.

I have found that people either love or hate the AGrip. To each his own. One thing is for sure, it never fails to attract comments from those who have never seen them.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bloodnut said:
I have some reservations about covering the mag release on the M&P given how little force it takes to drop mags on the M&P. Covering the mag release works great on Glocks which tend to take a bit off effort to activate. I notice chooch made a cut-out for his.
You don't have to cover the mag release. The pre-cut pattern fits around it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts