MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked the tracking number on mine this morning. It's at the city postal distribution center this morning as of 0500 hrs. Don't really expect it today as it's got to leave there, get to the regular post office and then get to the FFL in time for him to do the paperwork. I might not get the call till Monday, but that's okay. There may be another Apex order going over the internet in a few days for trigger/sear parts and springs.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know about swapping a compact slide on to a full sized frame. I've heard it can be done with other brands/models but I've not tried it with an M&P (don't own a compact).

Little bit of an update. Got my frame. Looked brand new/unused. Got the thumb safety, detent and spring to install in the frame.

Took it apart to get to all that stuff in the sear block/housing. Removed the magazine disconnect arm/lever and spring. Used a piece of bic pen spring to hole the sear release lever in place/tight.

Had some issues with the safety. I didn't look closely at it till I had issues and then realized it was bent on the right side. Had to tweak it back to what looked like straight and still had issues. One was the movement from fire to safe and back to fire was mushy and too darn easy. Took it apart again and used a small triangle file to make the notches in the left side of the safety lever a little bit deeper/sharper and got a nice solid feel and the safety would stay in place/require more effort to move. The second problem was the trigger bar would ride up over the safety lever there on the right side when the safety was in the SAFE position. Had to pull it out and do some more slight bending to get that tab on the safety lever/left side to be high enough (in SAFE) to actually stop the rearward movement of the trigger bar.

All in all, I'm happy with it. Darn things got a 7.5 lb. trigger pull but it is a nice crisp trigger pull with a very nice/good trigger reset. Sooner or later I'll take it apart again and do some polishing of the sear and striker dog leg and maybe get some Apex springs to put in it.

Still haven't shot it yet. Really want to do that. Been sick for awhile and just trying to get over it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got both of mine the other day and they both looked brand new and never used. Even the rails had no scuff marks on them until I placed my slides on them to make sure there were no issues with function. They are the basic frames, no extra safety on them and include the Magazine disconnect in the trigger group. I could not find any scuffs, scratches or marks of any kind on them that showed they'd been used before. I wonder if these were something S&W had in stock and decided they didn't need anymore for warranty work or something? With all the parts I've collected, over the last couple of years since buying my 1st M&P LEO trade in, I've accumulated enough parts and pieces that I have individual M&P9,40, and .357 pistols and I've probably spent less than $600 for everything. Plus, it now gives me a bunch of spare parts to work with and learn from so I can, more freely, modify and play with the geometries with everything to see how they work and interact.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Ordered on Monday, arrived at my FFL on Wednesday and took it out shooting on Thursday. The lower looked new. Forgot how heavy the trigger was.

New lower on the left, Apex FSS trigger kit on the right at 10 yards. Same slide and barrel in both cases. Yeah, I can't believe I'm that bad with a heavy pull trigger.

So the following Monday, I ordered another Apex FSS trigger kit (the $99 one with the polymer trigger) and all is well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Ordered on Monday, arrived at my FFL on Wednesday and took it out shooting on Thursday. The lower looked new. Forgot how heavy the trigger was.

New lower on the left, Apex FSS trigger kit on the right at 10 yards. Same slide and barrel in both cases. Yeah, I can't believe I'm that bad with a heavy pull trigger.

So the following Monday, I ordered another Apex FSS trigger kit (the $99 one with the polymer trigger) and all is well.
Yeah. I just took the wife to a defensive pistol class and she decided last week that she liked my pistol a lot more than her PX4 Storm that she's had for a few years so she shot it and I slapped a slide and barrel on one of the new lowers and I shot like crap. I still put holes where there needed to be holes but they were a lot more spread out than they are with my Mod 1 with the Apex trigger. I'm ordering another one today, in purple, for ger so I can get my precious back......

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah. I just took the wife to a defensive pistol class and she decided last week that she liked my pistol a lot more than her PX4 Storm that she's had for a few years so she shot it and I slapped a slide and barrel on one of the new lowers and I shot like crap. I still put holes where there needed to be holes but they were a lot more spread out than they are with my Mod 1 with the Apex trigger. I'm ordering another one today, in purple, for ger so I can get my precious back......
My wife has done that a couple times over the years. First with my 3.8" 9MM XDM that she shot and started calling her "little pistol." Then it was a new CZ75 Compact I'd bought. She almost got my .40 S&W P09 one day but I convinced her it was too big for her to conceal carry anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts