MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my new 'lil toy today. It is a WE Hi-Capa 5.1. This thing is cool! I can't believe how realistic they make these things. And for less than $100 brand new! The DP "ICE" magwell fits perfectly. The trigger is very comperable to the weight of my STI. Most likely due to the light weight components of this plastic toy. And weighs in at only 3/4 of an ounce less than my STI. Figuring out how to fire without BB's was a snap. Normal operation would have the slide lock back when empty. While looking around at the Airsoft stuff at Wal-Mart, I found that they had some pretty cool target systems as well. A little plate rack with auto-resetting plates and a "running target" that you could put a 1/3 scale IPSC target on like I made (seen in the photos). The funny thing is the packages to these items has a picture of Eric Graufel on them! This will make winter training more realistic- not to mention more cost efficient and convenient! All I have to do is walk into my heated garage instead of driving 45 minutes to the closest indoor range and paying a $20 range fee! I found out also that "Green Gas" is basically propane. The cost of local propane is FAR cheaper than the advertised Green Gas, easy to find and without the shipping wait. You can bet I will be buying the M&P clone as soon as they come out with one! Well here are the pics...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
That is one ugly twin
I hope it works for you :wink:

·
Registered
708 Posts
airsoft is big in asia. theres stores after stores in one city in Hong Kong. You wouldnt believe some of the handguns costing 500+ US dollars they have more than your eyes can believe and would probably put your 100$ gun to shame, not trying to bag on ya or anything though.

ill save you some money by telling you to look for that propane tank adapter. you buy a reg propane tank for 2$ and this adapter for about 15-20$ and can refil so much more than green gas, except greengas has the better smell to it. i use to be big in airsoft but not anymore.

ill look it up later if you cant find the device.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the adapter and liquid silicone- thanks. Made and procurred through Airsoft Innovations. I am currently tracking down an adapter for a 20lb tank so I can fill the 1lb tanks from it. I hear Harbour Freight carries them...thanks for the info- I have seen how big Airsoft is over seas. While stationed in Korea I bought one and had a blast. This was back in '97. They have come a long way since then. But I am still not willing to spend that kind of "coin" on a toy gun...Since they are really forbidden to own real firearms in alot of countries overseas- it only goes to reason.

·
Registered
708 Posts
then you know, good. it stinks shooting propane though haha smell wise.

the only airsoft i have now is a Tokyo Marui M4 upgraded to shoot to about 400 fps and 2 glocks..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool- I plan to suppliment my dryfiring routine and to stave off the increasing cost of ammo training with this beast. I am curious to see how long it lasts! Airsoft is growing quite large most everywhere these days. It is getting pretty large here in WI as well. There are several clubs and scenario based shoots and even an expo every year. I have just recently been checking it out locally. I have tentative plans on getting a airsoft MP5 and sniper rifle to suppliment my Hi-Capa and maybe start "gaming". :twisted:

Tokyo Marui MP5RAS

UTG Shadow Ops Sniper Rifle

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That is a very sexy airsoft pistol. Grats.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks- I will have to take more pics when I am done upgrading it. So far I have narrowed the front sight, undercut the triggerguard and beveled the magwell to match the DP "ICE" (not viewable in the pictures above). Soon I will hopefully be able to upgrade the trigger and magwell to the DP.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Toys are fun.

Man that UTG Shadow Ops Sniper Rifle looks the part! All the looks of the real thing.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
darklyte24 said:
here is a friends collection.. its old though

He needs to buy more real guns

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Grimwulff said:
[quote name='darklyte24']here is a friends collection.. its old though

He needs to buy more real guns
[/quote]

I hope he never gets robbed in the daylight

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Even in the daylight these guns look real- minus the orange tips. I was showing it off at the match today and made several people freek out 'cause they thought I was handling a real pistol outside the safety area!
The realism is almost scary. I could see how someone could get shot mistakenly with one of these- so it is very important to keep that orange tip on there!...I may have to spray paint my muzzle orange so it will still fit in my race holster.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I know I am color blind but I dont see any orange tips on that picture :!:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:twisted: I know- what a "rebel"! I had to take it off to fit my holster. But I only plan on using it in my enclosed garage. I may end of having to put the orange tip on and readjust my holster everytime I shoot my real gun! That would be a pain- so I thought about just painting the tip of the gun orange. I have seen other models painted in such a fashion. Any way you slice it though- the orange looks like $h!+

·
Registered
708 Posts
for your video, pretty cool, the bad thing is that airsoft BB's arent always on target good for fun but not precise enough for me anyways. I noticed you ran outa air at the end haha

actually he got real guns soon as he turned 21... i dont have pics but he has a .45 and he built a sniper rifle. i do have a pic of that

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts