MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a M&P 40 compact. But am a little cautionary about the problems they seem to be having. I want a good and reliable carry gun. I have S&W mod. 410 right now, and it's been nothing short of of an awesome gun. I have probable 2000 rounds through it and has never had any problem what so ever. I also bought a S&W 22A. Took it to the range. Second shot, it didn't go to battery. And did it several times after that. I got home and stripped it down to clean and lube it. I haven't had it out yet after that. I'll see next time I go to the range. Meanwhile I'm reading and deciding about the M&P 40c. I don't think I'll need much arm twisting for that to happen. Jerbear

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
even if you get one of "the unlucky ones" we all know what to do to get it fixed.. S&W customer service is outstanding. No worries about understanding the persons broken engllish, no attitude its crazy they actually treat you like a CUSTOMER. good luck

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
+1 :wink:

101Combat Vet said:
even if you get one of "the unlucky ones" we all know what to do to get it fixed.. S&W customer service is outstanding. No worries about understanding the persons broken engllish, no attitude its crazy they actually treat you like a CUSTOMER. good luck

·
Registered
206 Posts
jerbear said:
I am looking to purchase a M&P 40 compact. But am a little cautionary about the problems they seem to be having. I want a good and reliable carry gun. I have S&W mod. 410 right now, and it's been nothing short of of an awesome gun. I have probable 2000 rounds through it and has never had any problem what so ever. I also bought a S&W 22A. Took it to the range. Second shot, it didn't go to battery. And did it several times after that. I got home and stripped it down to clean and lube it. I haven't had it out yet after that. I'll see next time I go to the range. Meanwhile I'm reading and deciding about the M&P 40c. I don't think I'll need much arm twisting for that to happen. Jerbear

Hey.. Welcome!! I have a 410 also.. I like that pistol.. It reminds me of my old 4006.. It is a nice pistol.. I have about 1000rds through mine.. But it hated WWB ammo.. I put a nice set of Hogue rubber grips on it.. It made a world of difference in feel.. My 22A when I got it, it had a strange major jamming issue.. Sent it back to S&W.. 3 weeks later I got it back and I am working on 5000rds with it.. Not a single problem.. I even have 2 different barrels for mine.. a 7in with a red dot and a 5.5in bull barrel with the Hi Viz front sight..

As for the 40c, get it.. I have one and love it.. And if you get one that does have a problem, just give S&W a call.. They will pay for shipping both ways.. No hassle what so ever..

Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts