MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Im wondering if there are instructions out there for replacing the slide stop to the new revised one I have the old flat one and need to replace it. Please tell me someone out there knows how?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
First off let me say Welcome! Here is a link to a pic. with the parts out: http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1794. Basically all you need to do is remove two pins to get the housing out. The first is a roll pin located in front of the take-down lever. Then with the the take-down lever in the down, disassembly, position you will need to remove a solid pin that is covered by the lever. This pin will only come out by pushing on the side opposite the take-down lever. From there you take out the front rail assembly, then you will be able to access the slide stop assembly and the trigger assembly. In order to remove the slide stop and trigger assembly it is easiest to also take out the sear housing located in the rear of the pistol. This is accomplished by removing a single roll pin in the rear of the pistol.(The roll pins can come out in either direction) If this seems to be to difficult you may want to send it in to Smith and have them do it for you and likely get a free mag. out of it. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts