MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went and saw Rush Hour 3 tonight. Funny as the others. I couldn't tell what Jackie Chan's gun was (smith?), or the shiny chrome gun for those who might know.

But, the reason for this post is I saw a "No weapons" sign on the glass by the door. I packed heat anyway if you figure that a M&P, 31 rounds of ammo, two knives, OC spray, a flashlight, keys, cellphone, and appendages are weapons. But I called them when I got home and was told by the theatre manager that it was company policy, not the individual theatre's. So I got the number for the company office and lodged a complaint. According to their rep, they should be contacting me soon. All I said is that I would like clarification about what that sign means. I will explain in further detail to them at that time.

What are some suggestions of things I should say?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I carry everywhere - even if they have a sign. SC law states that the sign has to meet specific requirements(letter size, placement distance above the ground, color, symbol, etc.). If it doesn't meet that requirement, I cary. I've yet to see a sign that actually met it by law, and if I did I'd probably still carry. I care more about my life than I care about the slim chance I'd get caught carrying concealed in a place forbidding it.

A "No Weapons" sign would make me chuckle. Anything and everything can be used a weapon.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I saw RH 3 too few days ago, opening day friday actually.. it was ok.. just like the other 2.. tucker got fatter now. cheeks chubby. same ol dumb asian jokes and this time, anti war jokes "americans kill for no reason" and other things.. the plot seemed like it was thrown together in 10 minutes and then the movie ends.. I think this will be the last one...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ask them a couple of things.

Will they guaranty your safety? If they say yes, then come back that you will sue them if you get hurt in there theater! :twisted:

Ask them why they would want to make 2% (or what ever the population in your state has carry permits) because of their silly posting? Remind them you can take your business elsewhere!

Remind them if all law abiding citizens respect there non-carry rule than on the gang bangers will be armed making for a "free fire zone". Also remind them that all major mass murders happen in "gun free zones!"

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also remind them that the last shooting at a cinema was at an AMC theater after Get Rich or Die Trying. Some "gangstas" decided tp start shooting at one another after watching the movie...remember.

-J

·
Registered
178 Posts
josh said:
SC law states that the sign has to meet specific requirements(letter size, placement distance above the ground, color, symbol, etc.). If it doesn't meet that requirement, I carry. I've yet to see a sign that actually met it by law

Same in Texas. Although I see 51% signs here and there but in that case, I walk. I don't need to be in a bar anyway.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
only place i wont carry is a bar, or government building. Our local Family dollar has a no weapons allowed sign lol!! Just imagine the shoot outs there over the last dollar flip flops!

·
Registered
405 Posts
F15-Loader said:
Also remind them that the last shooting at a cinema was at an AMC theater after Get Rich or Die Trying. Some "gangstas" decided tp start shooting at one another after watching the movie...remember.

-J

if thats the 50 cent movie that shooting was in my local theater...unless there were several shootings...

and i talked to a local LE and he said that the permit entitles you to carry anywhere so the signs or store policy don't mean **** cause the permit is state law which ove rrides any store.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I've never seen the signs at the AMC theaters here, not that it matters anyway since they are not enforceable.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I could care less what their sign says. Under the laws of my state I can therefore I do.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I believe that here in VA a private business establishment has the right to forbid the carrying of firearms on their property. If caught, you can be asked to leave; if pressed, they can have you charged with a misdemeanor. Having said that; there are a few places, notably banks, where it's possible that I've missed that litttle revolver icon with the through it. If they don't have metal detectors, I pretty much ignore their signage...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I thought that for the most part that signs of any sort in places where you are legally "ok'd" to carry were irrelevent to that fact. They would only be used as defense in a civil suit but not a federal one. Just curious...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went the night of release to see RH3, and I saw multiple signs, one was square in your face at the ticket order window, that said "No Guns" then had a pretty little picture of a handgun with a line through it. :roll:

I don't have my CCW permit yet, so i don't carry, but i still said to myself, "what sign?" cause I know thats where someone is going to get shot at.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thats interesting. I just saw RH3 and the Invasion within the last week both at an AMC theater and carried my MP9 both times. I never once saw a sign or anything that said I cant carry. I always look too, just to see, but I hardly ever see a sign anywhere.

Here in Indiana, I believe the law is that the busniess/property owner determines whether one can carry or not. I dont know if there has to be a sign of specific sizes like some of you have mentioned?

I figured if they dont at least have a sign posted then alls they can do is ask you to leave or put it out in your car, because we dont read minds and most certainly arent going to read through all of there policies.

·
Registered
405 Posts
F15-Loader said:
The shooting I'm refering to was at a Lowes Theater complex. Lowes was bought by AMC in sometime in 2006.

-J

yea..lowes in the waterfront in homestead (pittsburgh, pa)

and I talked to an officer the other day he said if you have a permit it doesn't matter if there is a sign or not because a stores rules don't over ride state law.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I talked to someone who was supposedly important with the title of customer relations manager or something along those lines. I explained the whethertoos and whyfors and didn't get anywhere. My complaint, along with all the other kinds of complaints from other people will be reviewed by the "Board :twisted: ". Oh yippee :? . Oh well, I tried.

The customer relations manager said that if a legal concealed weapon was found, then they would ask the person to secure the weapon off the premises. "The safety of our customer's safety is our utmost concern and we have measures to help insure that." I'll bet they are armed with movie props.

I'll still go there for those movies I just can't wait to come on DVD, but that sign will still bug the heck out of me. Bunch of sheep.

·
Registered
246 Posts
"The safety of our customer's safety is our utmost concern and we have measures to help insure that."

That is why they have the signs... so the gangstas won't bring their guns to the movies... :?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
+1. The worst they can do is kick me out. I haven't seen signs like that on the AMC's here but this is Arizona where open carry is legal.

josh said:
I carry everywhere - even if they have a sign. SC law states that the sign has to meet specific requirements(letter size, placement distance above the ground, color, symbol, etc.). If it doesn't meet that requirement, I cary. I've yet to see a sign that actually met it by law, and if I did I'd probably still carry. I care more about my life than I care about the slim chance I'd get caught carrying concealed in a place forbidding it.

A "No Weapons" sign would make me chuckle. Anything and everything can be used a weapon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts