MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at work the other day, i was telling a couple of friends about how pleased i am with my m&p 9. a freind of mine starts criticizing the m&p, claiming that the quality of american made pistols are nowhere near that of a glock, xd, hk, sig, or any other foreing gun. i argued that the m&p was an excellent piece, and that american guns are just as good, if not better imo. i stated the m&p, ruger, browning all made very high quality guns. not to mention all the custom 1911 companys. my question is this, what is the general consensus of american pistols vs. foreign. i feel that it depends on the shooter, but i also believe that american made is for me. i personally do not own a glock, xd, or a sig. however, i do want a walther p22, so i am not gun ho american made either. what do yall feel, just want to see how it shapes up.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You'll never convince a typical Glock owner that there's a better gun out there - so don't even bother.

I own a G19(swore I'd never own a Glock), and I personally don't like it that much at all. I've literally shot 30 rounds through it, and that's it. I just don't like feeling like I'm shooting bullets out of a black 2x4. The only reason I bought it was because a new threaded barrel for it was cheap, and it will make a good bedside gun with a suppressor. Other than that you'll never catch me carrying one! Truth be told I wish I wouldn't have bought it, and would have waited so I could buy UPSGuy's threaded barrel'd fullsize M&P9.

Out of all the guns I've owned, and/or shot, the M&P is by far my favorite. If it wasn't I wouldn't own three, and be contemplating buying another.

I won't get into a American vs. foreign debate with guns. I'll argue all damn day long that foreign cars are better than American, though.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
glocks ewww

I have no problems with the glock as a pistol I mean they brought the fully automatic 18c, 1. I would never own a glock I dont like the look or the feel 2. the glock person, glock sponsered store it just bothers me these people they think a glock is the greatest thing invented since the friggin catapolt I am not impressed I have never fired one but just from looking at different models at gun shops and the typical glock person steers me away from the gun as a whole. I am proud to say I WILL NEVER OWN A GLOCK!!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
2 Glocks, 1 XD, 1 Walther, 1 SA1911, 2 Rugers, 3 S&W's, 1 Para, 1 Taurus.

I guess I do like the US made guns better now that I think about it. The S&W's are right at the top!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
American all the way!

I prefer Smith & Wesson (It's the best) and drive a Ford. Maybe I'm helping to keep some (Legal)Americans working. Screw the illegals.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I guess I am 100% American then.. I have nothing but Smith & Wesson pistols.. And plan on buying more in the future.. The only other pistols I have been interested in were Colt.. But they have gone down hill.. They are nothing like they used to be...

Ben

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's a global economy. I will buy whatever has the best quality to price. This time around, it happened to be the M&P.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Smith Shooter said:
[quote name='choochboost']I get whatever I want whether it is American or not.

I agree. One of the benefits of being an American is the freedom to choose what you want.[/quote]

And the responsibility to support your local economy. This is something I did not realize or even think about till I opened up shop in a small town. I personally will buy something local if its available because that money does come around. OTOH I am picky about quality and will not buy something local if the quality sucks, such as American designed vehicles. I purchase Toyota for the quality, say what you want about GM, Ford or Chrysler, but they still dont hold up compared to most of the overseas brands. Pick and choose, make an informed decision, and purchase local if the quality is there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Angry_American said:
[quote name='Smith Shooter'][quote name='choochboost']I get whatever I want whether it is American or not.

I agree. One of the benefits of being an American is the freedom to choose what you want.[/quote]

And the responsibility to support your local economy. This is something I did not realize or even think about till I opened up shop in a small town. I personally will buy something local if its available because that money does come around. OTOH I am picky about quality and will not buy something local if the quality sucks, such as American designed vehicles. I purchase Toyota for the quality, say what you want about GM, Ford or Chrysler, but they still dont hold up compared to most of the overseas brands. Pick and choose, make an informed decision, and purchase local if the quality is there.[/quote]

I won't buy a foreign car. The last one I owned was a '72 VW bug. My Merc SUV has 140K on it. It's been in the shop ONE time. Before that, I traded off a Mustang GT with 60K on it that had never seen the inside of a bay. Only traded it because of my job (needed more room). The wife's '04 Monte SS seem to be doing just as well.

No rice burners for me, even if they ARE made 80 miles from where I live. Guns, on the other hand... 1 SA (South American) 1911, 1 FEG (Hungary) PA63, 1 Uberti (Italy) .45, and 1 S&W (USA) M&P9. I guess I do my part in supporting the "global economy"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts