MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local Walmart today to buy 100 rounds for shooting tomorrow in Daytona at an indoor range.

The price for the box of 100 40 cal s&w was 18.00 with tax.

The price of 100 .320 cal (PPK/S) was $22.00

But get this:

I could get a box of 100 9 millimeters (Winchester) for $11.00 !!

1/2 the price of the .380

The sales person at Wally Mart said,, the 9 mil is by far the most widely sold ammo in this super store. And he said its very reasonable to shoot.

So now I am thinking, why not get a 9 millimeter just to take to the range and or conceal carry. I didnt realize it was the most popular size pistol.

Now, i need to see the M&P 9 millimeter

Melbourneman

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes by far the 9mm is the most widely used pistol round. So the more you make the cheaper it is. Plus out of the main pistol rounds it takes less materials to make compared to the .45ACP and the S&W40. Since WWB mass produces all 3 calibers the less materials used in the 9mm is one reason for the cheap price. And I just love shooting WWB in .45, .40 and 9mm.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. I am going to the Melbourne Gun show on July 15th,, its a big show here in FL,, there are a few dealers there just with amo and I will look for some good deals on named amo, ie, WWB and Bass.

Going to the range once a month and shooting 100 bullets each for the 2 guns plus targets and range fees (indoor $15 per hr) gets costly at times.

Since my first day at the range in April and the 3 jams, stovepiping with the M&P when it was spanking brand new,, it has been perfect, I have shot 500 plus bullets thru it since without any problem. Its a great gun IMO and I will get the 9 mil and .45 when they come out. The qu is when??

I dont want to buy the infamous model 17 and two months later the M&P 9 mill comes out,, darn.

I have always wanted a 1911 just to have one so the Kimber Tactical or Eclipse may be the next for me. The only neg on the carry 1911 are the nu of bullets in the magazine,,, 8 .45 cal versus 17 9 mil... So many choices to make in life.

Don

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
one word: reload.

I only shoot reloads I have about 7k rounds in reserve. Dillion square deal B has paid for itself over and over.

It costs me about 5$ per 100... thats with plated rounds, cast I can to about 3$

·
Registered
361 Posts
Jester said:
one word: reload.

I only shoot reloads I have about 7k rounds in reserve. Dillion square deal B has paid for itself over and over.

It costs me about 5$ per 100... thats with plated rounds, cast I can to about 3$
WHEW!! Sounds like I need to buy some .40 dies. I inherited a 550B.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I 'll have to think on doing reloads.

I used to reload as a kid,, 38 specials with a Lee Loader, a hand loader but I havent a clue what happened to all that stuff.

If I get the 9 mm and the bullets are 11.00 for 100, there is no need to buy re loading equip in my opinion.

Shooting 400 rounds a month is only $44.00,, abt as much as a tank of gas.

Melb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts