MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new M&P 2.0 Compact 4", so since my inventory of 9mm was getting seriously low, it was with some trepidation that I ventured into the new ammo world that I abandoned months ago at the height of the shortages and price gouging by the Gunbroker Cartel.

Hell, it was far easier to by drugs on the street, and cheaper, than trying get some ammo on-line or in person.

Well, I got about 500 Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ's for .40 cents a round (Gunbroker), and 200 Hornady 124 grain +P Critical Defense for .60 cents a round (Bud's). Not the lowest prices I've ever paid for such stuff, but the lowest I've seen in 8-10 months.

It's enough ammo to full wring out the new pistol, then search for some more. Maybe things are returning a bit to normal.

PS: Still no primers to be found???

·
Registered
196 Posts
Was at Cabela's last weekend and they had rifle ammo, mostly 223, in quantity. It wasn't cheap, 80 cents a round, but there was plenty of it. The showcases were full of handguns too. Last time I was there, they had 8 or 10 Kimbers and a couple black powder revolvers. Still no AR's, no 22lr, pistol ammo or reloading supplies, but that was the most product I've seen anywhere in well over a year. Have we turned the corner? We'll see.

Reactions: Rick M

·
Registered
576 Posts
I got an e-mail from Target Sports a few days ago listing CCI Blazer Brass 115 gr FMJ for $400/1000 with free shipping. That's as good as I've seen recently.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hit my local Cabelas and LGS today. Cabelas had more rifle ammo than Ive see in a year. I dont own a 5.56, .223 or 7.62 so I dont know how the prices were but people were buying there max. Also saw some Federal 9mm 147 grain FMJ for $20.99 a box. Not great price but 4 bucks cheaper than last month.

At my LGS, they had .22 LR and 9MM in quantity for the first time this year. .22 LR Stingers (100 for $19.99) and standard velocity for 50 for $4.99. All 9mm FMJ was about $24.99 for a box of 50. It was more than I would pay but the first time I saw target ammo on the shelves instead of just available to members to buy for using on the range. They also have Maxxtech, Federal, CCI and Remington on the shelf, including some bulk packs. Hopefully the prices will go down but it’s nice to have a selection for a change.

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
9 Posts
Still $55 a box of 50 around here for anything centerfired.. Blazer Brass JFYI..
I am still surviving on the stash of WWB I got @ Wal-Mart @ The end of 2019
It's starting to get thin though
Bass pro up the street has nothing

·
Registered
40 Posts
My LGS just emailed us that they’re lifting the restrictions on the number of boxes of ammo range members can buy. Planning to hit the range Friday but I doubt prices will drop much since Sunday. Still good to see inventory opening up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here in the Rhode Island area 9mm holding steady at $25.00/ box and plenty of it. First time I’ve seen 9 mm hanging around on shelves in a long time. 223 a more scarce and expensive still. The worst is behind us. People have to stop buying at these still crazy prices and it will continue to come down.

·
Registered
Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 Performance Center CORE 9mm
3 Posts
The prices of 9mm is coming down the places I have purchased from are:
  • Ammofast.com
  • Ammoforsale.com
  • Weaponspro.com
Weaponspro seems to have the best prices around I purchase CCI Blazer Brass 124 grain for 2 boxes of 50 rounds (seems they only sell in 100 round lots) and the price was $40.00 for both boxes. They also ship really fast. Once I get the order confirmation I send in a copy of my drivers license and firearms license.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts