MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone has been having any ammo hang up going into the chamber. i tried triton and it keeps hanging up.shot 10 others and no issues. was wonderijng i f anyone else has any issues with any other ammo?

stu

·
Registered
419 Posts
Try this:

Make sure you keep firearm pointed in safe direction, finger off trigger,and preferebly do this at a range.

1) Load Magazine

2) Lock Slide back on gun

3) Insert Magazine

4) Either a) press down on slide release and let slide close that way or b) pull slide to rear and let go.

See if it chambers this way. Some rounds will get caught up if you pull back and close the slide slowly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i usually have the slide in the lock position then let it go. the first round chambers but then .. every one gets stuck in the up position in the chamber., any other suggestions?

·
Registered
96 Posts
stu katz said:
was wondering if anyone has been having any ammo hang up going into the chamber. i tried triton and it keeps hanging up.shot 10 others and no issues. was wonderijng i f anyone else has any issues with any other ammo?

stu

I've had this problem with ammo that is either too short or the shape

of the nose bullet is too blunt or angled instead of rounded.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
It's not terribly unusual for a pistol to sometimes choke on a particular ammo, my MP40 has fed everything that I have thrown at it so far. If you find an ammo that doesn't work in your pistol, it's a good thing to know so you can avoid that ammo in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts