MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
I saw an article in the newspaper today on the same subject, but it wasn't any great surprise, inventories have been very short going back a year or so, and the cause isn't a surprise either.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. It’s no surprise.

It might be interesting if some if our LE members would post their observations regarding this...

Since the prices of ammo have gone up, I know I'm shooting just a little less but not too much less. Instead of shooting 200 rounds a session, I might fire 150 or so...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It's getting pretty bad.

I was chatting with some folks, and basically every manufacturer is running at 100% capacity. Those with military contracts are at 100% and not even keeping up. Those without are at 100% dealing with consumer and LE demand.

Also, with everything running at 100%, machines are getting out of spec from wear and having to be taken off-line to retool. (wonder why lots of people have been bitching about 9mm that doesn't eject right? PErhaps it has something to do with military and consumer demand, plus the fact it has fairly little room for slop int he extractor groove)

Expect distributor pricing for .223 to go well over $400 a thousand for next fiscal quarter.

Fun times.

Only upside is that lots of investors arew spooked about the lead market, so the speculators seem to be staying out of it. Although if we hit another round of military contracts of this size, I wouldn't count on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts