MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i went to the range to see what type of ammo i could use for my 9 compact i shot 200 rounds total.

1 box (50rds) of 124gr HP +P Speer Gold Dots (one FTFeed) the round was caught on the feed ramp.)

1 box (50rds) of 115 FMJ Remington High Velocity (No prob)

1 box (50rds) of 115 FMJ Blazer Brass (no prob)

1 box (50rds) of 115 FMJ American Eagle (2 malfunctions- first 30 rds shot fine but the last 2 clips of 10 rnds would lock the slide back with one round left in the mag. This was in the same mag so i am unsure if it was the mag problem or the ammo.)

The order i listed them in is the order they were shot. Could the last 2 malfunctions be caused from it being dirty from the 200 rounds?

Does anyone else have the problem with the Gold Dots getting caught on the feed ramp? This was happening about 1/2 way through the magazine.

I did polish the feed ramp (after this range session) and i have noticed that the FMJ's now chamber very smoothly even when i ride the slide forward. The HP's are still having a little trouble but not as bad as before i hope this fixes things. Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

This is a new gun with about 450 rounds down the barrel. MPM prefix

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
255 Posts
Adam500 said:
The order i listed them in is the order they were shot. Could the last 2 malfunctions be caused from it being dirty from the 200 rounds?

Highly unlikely. 200 rounds is just getting started for most of my range sessions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FLAWLESS 9C

Have run 1015 rounds thru my M&P 9c. Each trip ranged between 30 and 150 rounds. Have done no buffing, fluffing, or any adjustments. Just a good clean and lube after each use. Im pleased to say its performed 100%. Not one single malfunction.

Wish I coiuld say the same for my Kel-Tec 3Pat....ARGGGGGG....

p.s. shot WWB, Fed. Hydra Shok, Rem, Corbin, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts