MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Wal-Mart this morning and bought some ammo. OH BOY....prices jumped astronomically.

40's went from $17 a hundred to $20, 9mm's from $12 to 14, 38's from $18 to $22 and 45's to $26. Man I might just have to cut down and stick with my S&W Model 41 or 22a. Even the 22's jumped a buck per brick.

Not griping.......just sharing. lol

Jim

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Yep, metal prices are way up, it's hitting the ammunition and reloading components prices pretty hard!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i noticed about a 2 dollar increment as well, except at shoot straight which still has the winchester talons for 15 and leo rounds for 15, so ive been stocking up on those ever week. Prices seam to only be getting worst

·
Registered
293 Posts
mad212 said:
i noticed about a 2 dollar increment as well, except at shoot straight which still has the winchester talons for 15 and leo rounds for 15, so ive been stocking up on those ever week. Prices seam to only be getting worst

How many in the box, what weight, JHP? I might stop by and pick up a box or two!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had no idea we had several guy's on here from Orlando. Guess I'll see you at Shoot Straight tomorrow and check out those 40's for $15 bucks a hundred. lol.

Any of you guy's go to the East Orange indoor range? I go there a couple times a week and we might have run into each other.

Jim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check out The-Armory.com for really good ammo deals. They have some of the best prices and great service. I ordered some 9mm from them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm closest to SS in Apopka. I recall their having plenty of .40 ammo, but were a little lean on the 9mm, which is what I shoot.

Haven't been to EO. How does it compare to SS Apopka? Is it worth the drive?

I'm sure we'll bump into each other sometime somewhere!

Wouldn't mind an Orlando-MP-Shooters get-together sometime either!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In my opiniion there's no comparison.

1. Really a bunch of nice guy's own and operate the place.

2. $9-10 for all day. Seniors $5 from 10:00 - 1:00 Mon-Thurs. (you can leave and come back, etd.)

3. 12 nice bright lanes, but only 22 yrds long. That doesn't bother me at all.

4. Open 7 days a week

An Orlando shooters get together would be fun. Send me an email.

Jim

·
Registered
297 Posts
The price increases have made it to Indy now too. Was just at Wal-mart and there WWB 100 rds boxes are now 14.52, were 12.88. Might have to consider reloading. =)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Although the WWB boxes went up, I still think they are a good value. They are also close to $20 here in Vegas.

·
Registered
148 Posts
JimK66 said:
Went to Wal-Mart this morning and bought some ammo. OH BOY....prices jumped astronomically.

40's went from $17 a hundred to $20, 9mm's from $12 to 14, 38's from $18 to $22 and 45's to $26. Man I might just have to cut down and stick with my S&W Model 41 or 22a. Even the 22's jumped a buck per brick.

Not griping.......just sharing. lol

Jim

See the price on this JHP at ammoman.com.

40 S/W HI-SHOK 155 GRAIN

JACKETED HOLLOW POINT

FEDERAL CLASSIC AMMO

FREE SHIPPING

Part Number #40-SW155-500, -1000

$169- 500 Rounds.

$269- 1,000 Rounds.

Luv the free shipping

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
SilentHyena

Ammoman is bad news, he got kicked off AR15.com for some very unethical sales practices, the words fraud and ripoff were mentioned several times, and while some people haven't had any problem, if any questions or problems come up he tends to go ballistic on his customer.

Knowing some of the things he has done, and the way he reacts when someone questions him, I really wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YukonGlocker said:
Nothing is free.
Damn Yukon, thats good to know !!!!!!lol :?

·
Registered
148 Posts
G56 said:
SilentHyena

Ammoman is bad news, he got kicked off AR15.com for some very unethical sales practices, the words fraud and ripoff were mentioned several times, and while some people haven't had any problem, if any questions or problems come up he tends to go ballistic on his customer.

Knowing some of the things he has done, and the way he reacts when someone questions him, I really wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

Hmmmm. In that case I'll stick with Cabelas for my ammo. Limited selection though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts