MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT DID I DO WITH THAT GUN?

Posted on 09/12/2007 by wyxi

A McMinn County court officer, Jim King, has been suspended for three days without pay for accidentally leaving his loaded gun inside a restroom. King had removed his weapon and his holster and laid them down in the stall. When he left, he forget to get the gun. The Courthouse was evacuated briefly after an attorney found the gun.

Apparently the idiot took his firearm off while "taking care of business" and forgot? he didn't have it on? What they aren't telling here is it was the whole holster and all. :roll:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
this guy and the two officers being charged for killing the 5 year old while snake hunting should go live on a special island together

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to agree. Now I have taken mine off and placed it in the "lock box" in my car and forgot to get it back out after leaving the free victim zone but if it's not on my person I know exactly where it is and that no one can gain access to it.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I carry in a CTAC. I don't even have to touch it when I do my business.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I carry in a Bianchi 82 carry lock. It Ain't coming out unless I take it out and like I said befor eI always know where mine is. What worries me about this is a "friend" of a prisinor could have found it and then all you know what could have broke loose. Some times I wonder about the iq level required to be a law enforcement officer in this area. Oh and a "county court officer" around here is just a deputy on rotation with the courts. It's not half a cop. :twisted:

·
Registered
43 Posts
While working at police deptartment in Texas in the early 90s, we had an officer fresh out of the academy, still riding with his FTO, leave his pistol in the bathroom of an IHOP after a lunch break. I am sure the chief lost a few nights sleep worrying about how badly that could have ended. Like, if a small child had entered the stall, found the pistol and pulled the trigger. Needless to say, the new officer never made it out of the field training stage.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
STUPID...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little more info than what I originally had: this office is the regular court officer, 15 years in the courthouse around all those lawyers must have rotted his brain. This is NOT a regular road officer. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts