MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board. Can anyone tell me which model uncle mike's ankle holster will accomodate the m&p compact .40? Thank you

·
Registered
475 Posts
Most holsters that fit compact Glocks with fit the compact M&P.

I suspect the M&P will be a bit bulky to carry on the ankle. But that's just me.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I'm not a fan of making pistols fit holsters for other pistols, but out of necessity I tried a few G27 holsters and was not happy with the fit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
First have you ever wore a ancle holster? If not you need to bowwor one from someone because everyone that i know that has one after a day they say that there anncle feels brused and hurts and that is the same thing that happened to me. 8)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've used ankle carry extensively over the past 17 years. The only rig that works for me is the Alessi ankle holster. Very comfortable (for an ankle rig) and after a couple of weeks, you'll stop looking like you've just come from the "Ministry of Silly Walks" (Forgive the Monty Python reference).

Unless you're a pretty big guy, I would also think the M&P Compact is too bulky for ankle carry. I could be wrong, and I know for a fact that Alessi has made a large number of ankle holsters to carry the Sig P239 for a government agency. Having owned one of those, I would think they're too big, but obviously it's working.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been using the Desantis Apache Rig (for most large frame autos ) with no problems. Galco also just came out with the ankle-lite for the mpc.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Banker said:
I've used ankle carry extensively over the past 17 years. The only rig that works for me is the Alessi ankle holster. Very comfortable (for an ankle rig) and after a couple of weeks, you'll stop looking like you've just come from the "Ministry of Silly Walks" (Forgive the Monty Python reference).

Unless you're a pretty big guy, I would also think the M&P Compact is too bulky for ankle carry. I could be wrong, and I know for a fact that Alessi has made a large number of ankle holsters to carry the Sig P239 for a government agency. Having owned one of those, I would think they're too big, but obviously it's working.
Alessi pretty much sets the standard for ankle holsters.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I once carried a S&W Model 36 in an ankle holster for so long that my leg above the ankle was smaller than the other! Hey...but they didn't know I was armed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts