MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here know of an ankle holster that fits the m&p 40/9c? Anyone out there carrying one of these in an ankle rig? If so how is it? Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought an Uncle Mike ankle holster for a G27, but I never use it. To be honest, unless you're sitting down, the ankle holster is not the best method to carry, IMO. It's not the quickest method of deployment and unless you're planning to use it strictly to carry your M&P as a bug (back up), the ankle holster is useless. :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
123 Posts
They also make you walk funny
or at least it feels that way. I used to carry a J-Frame in an ankle holster, but switched to loose pants and a pocket holster. The ankle holster was just too uncomfortable.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am planning on using my mp 40c as a b.u.g. I currently use a s&w model 38 in an ankle holster and I just want to try something new. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I tried a few different ankle holsters for a G27 and none were suitable for carrying the M&Pc. I'm not aware of a ankle rig for a M&Pc.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
I used to carry a Chiefs Special in an Uncle Mikes ankle holster, it wasn't comfortable, but I'm sure a better quality ankle holster could do a better job on comfort, but the reason I never bought a better one is the disadvantage of the ankle holster, when you sit down, your pants legs ride up, exposing the pistol!

There's a technique that I learned for drawing the weapon, and actually had an occasion to draw it under stress and it worked fine, but still couldn't get past the pants riding up problem.

The technique is that as you are kneeling you are simultaneously lifting the pant leg, then retaining the pants leg with the off hand as you draw, it works quite well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a technique to avoid exposing the bodyguard when in my ankle holster. My rig is fleece lined , so I would put it on and then pull my sock up over it , then fold the sock so it didnt cover the top f te gun. This way when my pant leg came up it didnt expose the gun at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts