MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend an ankle holster for the 40c? got one on the way as well as a k&d defender. also need one for the ankle. any ideas?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use a "Renegade" ankle rig. I originally bought it for my G27 - but - like with all my Glocks they have become "safe queens" since I migrated over into M&P territory. So now my M&P 9c rides in my Renegade.

They don't have a website - but here is thier contact info:

Renegade

P.O. Box 31546

Phoenix, AZ 85046

Tel: 602-482-6777

Fax: 602-482-1952

Here is a pic of my rig. SORRY for the Glock being in the pic - I need to update my photos!

Hope this helps,

cheers

tire iron

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
my question is the dollar there for size comparison or to say that it is expensive????

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
tire iron said:
I use a "Renegade" ankle rig. I originally bought it for my G27 - but - like with all my Glocks they have become "safe queens" since I migrated over into M&P territory. So now my M&P 9c rides in my Renegade.
:?:

I bought a Renegade for a G27 hoping my M&P compact would fit in it but I didn't find it fit well at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies. has anyone tried one of unkle mike's generic fit/multi weapon holsters? maybe i'll order one and try it

·
Registered
31 Posts
101CV,

LOL!

The holster is affordable enough to have enough for 1 item off a "value menu" at Wendy's!

choochboost,

That's weird - my G27 sized Renegade holds my M&P9c just fine....

cheers

tire iron

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
tire iron said:
choochboost,

That's weird - my G27 sized Renegade holds my M&P9c just fine....

cheers

tire iron
Can you post a picture of it in the Renegade? I was bummed with the fit and sent it back. IIRC, there was an issue with the trigger guard not fitting, the pistol sitting too high, and the retention strap not reaching...at least I think that's what it was. The rails seemed to be incompatible with the holster as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use the Bianchi Triad ankle holster. Size 13/14 fits my M&P40c perfectly. The holster is pretty comfortable ... more comfotable than the Galco ankle glove, comparable to the Fobus ankle holster, not quite as comfortable as an Alessi custom.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Well there it is so I can't argue with that.

Did you get yours with the thumbreak? With the retention strap across the backstrap, what is the draw like?

·
Registered
31 Posts
No - mine is without the thumb break - just the strap.

This is for the times when I feel I will need my handgun the least - when I calculate the odds are against me needing it immediately -like when I am at work. I work less than a mile from my home - in a very rural area - in a non-commercial office that keeps no money on site - so its not like being in a big city walking through dark alley ways holding a bag of cash - if you catch my drift.

When I calculate the odds are greater that I will need my handgun - like when I go to town - I carry in a more easily accessible mode.

I know some are of the opinion to always carry in the same exact place all the time - and for some that is probably good advice - but I practice drawing from every mode of carry I use - and I know my body "knows" where my handgun is on my body - in other words my body is VERY aware of where my handgun is no matter what mode of carry I happen to be using at that time.

Hope this helps,

cheers

tire iron

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
tire iron said:
I know some are of the opinion to always carry in the same exact place all the time - and for some that is probably good advice - but I practice drawing from every mode of carry I use - and I know my body "knows" where my handgun is on my body - in other words my body is VERY aware of where my handgun is no matter what mode of carry I happen to be using at that time.
I'm the same way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts