MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally something like six weeks after I placed my order I finally got to pick up my M&P45. I'm going to try to get to the range tomorrow but It's 50 miles away and I might not get time. I can't hardly wait! Anyway it's here, cleaned, lubed, ready and the promotion coupon mailed off.

Oh and while I was there I put a deposit down on a 9c, and I've already ordered an MTAC for it to ride in. I'm attaching a couple family photos of a small part of my collection. Sorry about the massive size of the pictures. From top right is my new M&P45, my Kimber Ultra carry in 45acp, and Kahr PM40. The little Kahr kicks so brutally that the last thing I wanted was another small palm mangler. That's why after weeks of agonizing I went with the 9c over the 40c. I just want a slick shooting little pussycat of a 9mm. Besides I'll probably pick up a 45c next year.

This is my Kimber in my first NM holster. I've since had him make me a new one in black w/reinforced mouth and matching double IWB mag pouch. I wish he made them for M&Ps. The Kahr has a Milt Sparks VM2 being made for it as I write this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
do you have the night sights? what did you pay for it? looks just like mine. i love the night sights... i paid $579 for mine with three mags. mine is the LE version which is the same except for the extra mag...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival better late than never :wink:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jay15892 said:
do you have the night sights? what did you pay for it? looks just like mine. i love the night sights... i paid $579 for mine with three mags. mine is the LE version which is the same except for the extra mag...
I paid a little more, $589 w/o night sights w/thumb Safety. The versions with factory night sights aren't available in California yet. The going rate here (if you can find one) is $579-595 for this version. I like supporting my local dealer and he kindly knocked a nice chunk of change off the price of the 9c that I put on layaway yesterday.

My first (unfired) observation is the trigger. Every M&P45 that I've handled has had a similar ultra heavy trigger. I finally got to quantify that last night by using my RCBS scale. It's actually off the scale somewhere between 9 and 9.5lbs. We don't have a heavy trigger requirement here and I'm guesstimating the M&P9s that I've handled at around 6lbs. I can live with a 6lb trigger, but 9+lbs is insane. I spent some time dry firing it last night and it's smoother but still heavy. No big deal because I've always intended to send it off to Dan for some work anyway. I'm just waiting for Trijicon to get my SA37Y night sights off back order before I send it in.

On a side note I spoke with David at Kytac and he's committed to shipping my holsters and mag pouches next week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i would call S&W and ask them about the trigger. sounds like you recieved the 10lb. trigger model. i dont have a gauge for mine but i would guess it is around 5 or 6 pounds...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Nifty...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jay15892 said:
i would call S&W and ask them about the trigger. sounds like you recieved the 10lb. trigger model. i dont have a gauge for mine but i would guess it is around 5 or 6 pounds...
It's the California version SKU 109006. All that I've played with were heavy.

I put 100 flawless rounds of Blazer Brass followed by 10rds of 230gr Federal HST +P JHP through it. The range doesn't allow JHP and I had to get special dispensation for the 10rds. The only FTF was the last round of JHP. Shes a handful to shoot but very accurate. The perceived recoil is actually a bit heavier than my 25oz Kimber Ultra Carry but manageable. I would recommend shooting gloves for extended sessions because the stippling starts to ware on the web of the hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts