MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had the side lock back 8 out of 15 mags with one round still in the mag with 2 differnt magazines. This is unacceptable to me and i will be sending this in to S&W .

I have around 750 rounds through mine now and it just seems to be getting worse not better before the most was 2 per trip so i am thinking that this is getting worse.

Adam

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that the slide locking back seems to happen more on the compacts or is it just me?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Appears the problem is easily corrected by replacing the slide stop spring. I had the same problem but no more. It is undoubtedly one of those M&P first year kinks that has to be worked out. That and the mag catch problem - in my case, the slightest amount of engagement on the mag release button caused the mag to drop and most likely is causing mags to drop while firing, often reported here. The plus is that S&W is well aware of both problems and a trip back to the factory should fix things up. I had my gun back in a week and they pay the freight. Can't beat that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts