MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the range and another 150 trouble free rounds. Shot 100 rounds of cheapo' WOLF brand FMJs and 50 CCI Blazers, no malfunctions at all. Except I had the slide fail to lock back once, due to my damn stupid thumb
. Obviously i need to adjust my grip a little to avoid this problem. And i'll be doing a LOT more dry firing to try and improve my trigger control... still some low-left grouping.

The pistol is definitely much more accurate than i can shoot it, but i'm working on keeping up with it.

All total about 600 rounds so far and not one malfunction that wasn't my fault (3 failures to lock open on last round). Do i really need then end of my thumb???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Low left for a right handed shooter

Chefdog,

When I shoot my 40c, I sometimes anticipate the recoil, pushing the gun forward, shooting low-left.

I practice just riding out the recoil - it ain't gonna hurt me! Dry fire has helped a lot, too. When I first started shooting the 40c, I'd print 10-20% low left. Now, 250 rounds later, I'm down to 5%.

Another way to test if this push is your problem: Put a Snap-cap midway in a mag. Don't count rounds. If you push forward as you try to fire the cap - busted.

One thing I've had to admit. With the great majority of modern firearms, it's the shooter, not the gun.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I agree that it's me and not the gun. THe first time i took it out to the range i let my dad's buddy shoot it (he was their office's firearms instructor) and he was on the money! I've been playing with my grip and dry firing at home too. I'll try and look for the push next time out.

What can i say, practice, practice, practice

Anyway, i love this gun and i'm SOOO happy i didn't go with a glock. I was a little skeptical about the m&p at first after reading about a few problems, but mine has been 100% reliable and it's way more comfortable than any glock.

Thanks for the input,

Jake

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sounds great guys.

I just got my M&P9 last week. Took it to the range and ran 550 rounds (300 Blazer brass, and 250 UMC). I had one Failure to Feed at round 492, using UMC.

I can't really blame the gun though. I took it out of the box, put bullets in it, and shot it. First the 300, too a break to shoot the shotgun and lube the M&P, and then back to finish the last 250. So, for running 550 rounds through it was pretty abusive. I just look foward to heading back out again, though I don't think I will shoot that many rounds at one time again though.

Oh yea, I am also looking at getting trigger job done...this will be my daily concealed carry gun.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Readyme,

I don't know about your pistol, but mine came out of the box with what appeared to be about a quart of oil on it. If yours was similar i bet the failure was b/c of the grease trapping dirt/powder residue in the action. I cleaned mine before the first range trip shot about 400 rounds in a few hours with no problems. Everything i've read and seen with mine leads me to believe that the vast majority of these guns are running 100%.

Let us know how it goes next time out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts