MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back from the range again with another 200 rounds through my M&P 9mm and ZERO malfunctions. Like always, it's proven to be surgical. Here are a couple links to vids of me shooting my M&P.

NOTE: My anticapated recoils were due to previoulsy shooting my 1911. Muscle memory messed with me a bit.

If you're interested in those vids as well just enter Rock Island Armory and my vids will come up. I use the same name there as here. I also have a few AK vids too. Enjoy!!!

Vid one...These have the anticapated shots.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KDDt_B5T5Ug

Vid 2....The two groupings on the neck of the target show how accurate this pistol is. I also go at one handed point shooting.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=voQc2R0uUzM&feature=related

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My coworker put 100 rounds through it and he decided he is going to get one for himself now. He told our other coworkers about it and they were pushing him to get the .40 cal version, but he likes the fact that 9mm is so plentiful and cheap. My reasoning to him is if he's looking for something fun, cost efficient and controllable to shoot, the 9mm will fit his bill. He's like me, a frugal warrior in a sense. LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt .40 cal, but I already have to feed two 1911s.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice, we went to the range yesterday and I shot about 250 thru my MP40. I had a box of really cheap ultramax reloads that I had bought a long time ago when I didnt know any better.

I had one light strike on the first clip (first missfire ever with this gun) and after that it fired all of them without inncident. But oh my god that ammo was horrible. My gun has never been so dirty after shooting. You could literally see stuff gunked up all over.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MADMAX22 said:
Nice, we went to the range yesterday and I shot about 250 thru my MP40. I had a box of really cheap ultramax reloads that I had bought a long time ago when I didnt know any better.

I had one light strike on the first clip (first missfire ever with this gun) and after that it fired all of them without inncident. But oh my god that ammo was horrible. My gun has never been so dirty after shooting. You could literally see stuff gunked up all over.

I use Blazer Brass for range fodder. I use it in my M&P and both my RIA 1911s. Well over 1000 rounds combined between the three pistols and less than ten FTFs. Most were really from limp wristing.

BB ammo isn't perfect. I've heard people say it works terribly in their firearm and others say it's just fine. So far I can't complain cause it's wallet friendly. It's also dirty, but hey, that only means more Zen time(cleaning) for me :wink:

I thought about getting some of that Ultramax ammo but it seemed to be always bought up. It must be popular.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jeff 9mm M&P said:
I use ultramax all the time. No problems.

These were ultramax reloads which I am sure are far lower quality then the standard base ultramax. There was only the one missifre due to a light strike which was more the guns fault (or mine). They were jsut really really dirty ammo is all. Compared to the winchester white box it was a very big difference.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
All of the ammo Ultramax makes is reloaded brass . I don't think you knew this. Anyway, I buy the 250 round value packs. Lead bullets on mixed brass. Its on the smoky side but I clean the gun after every shooting anyway so I don't mind. I even collect the brass after shooting it and reload it again at home.

http://www.ultramaxammunition.com/quality.php

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jeff 9mm M&P said:
All of the ammo Ultramax makes is reloaded brass . I don't think you knew this. Anyway, I buy the 250 round value packs. Lead bullets on mixed brass. Its on the smoky side but I clean the gun after every shooting anyway so I don't mind. I even collect the brass after shooting it and reload it again at home.

http://www.ultramaxammunition.com/quality.php

Ahh ok thanks for the info. I didnt know that. I guess I am just not use to getting it so dirty but all the rounds fired so I guess I cant complain and it is cheap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts