MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
So THAT IS WHO buys those Miami Mess Caniks! -- Gus who are wanting/needing a smaller gun NOW and can't wait however many days or weeks until they find one in black! 馃ぃ馃槈馃槵

I can say that because I wound up buying a Keltec P17 in THE UGLIEST OD GREEN imaginable under similar circumstances. 馃懙馃構 I wanted one more brand of .22lr handgun for plinking fun and had personally (see and handle) eliminated every brand that I did not have yet except this Keltec. There was not a P17 to be found anywhere in the world, except this one ugly green one at a local store where I could handle it and check for ease of slide rack, trigger pull, etc. I bought it. That green is truly ugly.

SO what happened then? Three days later they were literally everywhere! So what did I do? I bought another one in black! As cheap as they are, you can buy "a few" for the price of one "better" gun. These little things are shooters! I was pretty surprised and happy about that. They are not built to last a lifetime, like 40 or 60 years, but I'm not going to last that long either. Along with my "better" .22lr handguns I'm all set.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick M

Registered
I ran the gun today at IDPA practice, and it ran flawlessly. I got teased a bit (which I expected); but the general consensus was that, while different; it was OK. (A few of the guys did ask me to wear a white coat the next time I shoot it; a 鈥淢iami Vice鈥 thing.) I guess it may be harder to make fun of a gun when the guy using it鈥檚 outshooting you with it; big time!
And that pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: Rick M
1 - 3 of 3 Posts