MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I am another new member from South Carolina. I have been shooting IPSC for 15 years, shooting only 1911s (even my carry guns). My son (13) started shooting with me last year and won a slot to the Limited/Production Nationals in Tulsa this September (for being High Junior at his second major match!). He wanted to shoot Production at the Nationals so we decided to buy a production gun. Tried the Glocks - too long of a trigger pull. Tried the XDs, same. My son's fingers aren't long enough to allow them to reset completely. Then a friend let us try his M&P. That did it. I went out and bought one the following day. Did the trigger job myself. It is sweet! Well, I couldn't let him shoot Production by himself, so I went out and got me one too! Told my wife it was so he could have a back-up at the Nationals, just in case something breaks. I love the gun. My plan is to shoot it at the Nationals and then all next year.

My son will be taking his M&P to Shreveport next week for Camp Shootout. This is a junior camp hosted by Kay Clark and Jerry Miculek. 4 days of shooting and instruction from two fantastic instructors. Wish they had a camp like that when I was a kid.

I am the USPSA Section Coordinator for South Carolina. If you are in the area, come shoot with us. Take care.

Jack Suber, TY30299

South Carolina USPSA Section Coordinator

·
Registered
910 Posts
Welcome, always nice to see a fellow South Carolinian!

I need to start getting into some competition, or something. Shooting a piece of paper all day gets boring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
josh said:
Welcome, always nice to see a fellow South Carolinian!

I need to start getting into some competition, or something. Shooting a piece of paper all day gets boring.

Josh,

There is a great club in Summerville - Palmetto Gun Club that shoots IPSC on the first Saturday of each month. I have a map and contact information on our website: www.southcarolina-uspsa.org. We usually have 5 stages, around 125 - 150 rounds. Come out and shoot with us!

Jack

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the site if I ever have to go to FT Jackson for anything I will pm you

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Lightning said:
[quote name='josh']Welcome, always nice to see a fellow South Carolinian!

Josh,

There is a great club in Summerville - Palmetto Gun Club that shoots IPSC on the first Saturday of each month. I have a map and contact information on our website: www.southcarolina-uspsa.org. We usually have 5 stages, around 125 - 150 rounds. Come out and shoot with us!

Jack[/quote]

I've never been out to Palmetto, but have heard of it. I might actually come out, and see what it's like, although I probably won't participate the first trip out. My 9c is modified too much for the production class, and I'm not using my G19(hate it for anything other than home defense). And I'm too much of a girl to use my M&P45.

I'll come out and observe, though!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
josh said:
[quote name='Lightning'][quote name='josh']Welcome, always nice to see a fellow South Carolinian!

Josh,

Jack[/quote]

I've never been out to Palmetto, but have heard of it. I might actually come out, and see what it's like, although I probably won't participate the first trip out. My 9c is modified too much for the production class, and I'm not using my G19(hate it for anything other than home defense). And I'm too much of a girl to use my M&P45.

[/quote]

Come out and shoot your M&P. We won't gig you on a local match if your M&P doesn't fully qualify for Production. Everyone who has ever come out to watch a match has regretted not shooting it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Lightning said:
[quote name='josh'][quote name='Lightning'][quote name='josh']Welcome, always nice to see a fellow South Carolinian!

Josh,

Jack[/quote]

[/quote]

Come out and shoot your M&P. We won't gig you on a local match if your M&P doesn't fully qualify for Production. Everyone who has ever come out to watch a match has regretted not shooting it.[/quote]

Alright, it's not like the modifications will help me anyways. I'll shoot you an e-mail around the date of the next match, and see what's up.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome! Good to see so many from the area. Where you located? I'm in Columbia working on a relocation to the upstate (Greenville.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mrsracing said:
Welcome! Good to see so many from the area. Where you located? I'm in Columbia working on a relocation to the upstate (Greenville.)

I am in Columbia - Forest Acres.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lightning...I'm in Forest Acres as well. Small world.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ravedavewave said:
Lightning...I'm in Forest Acres as well. Small world.

You need to come shoot with us. Are you family with Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, on Fish Hatchery Road? Great facility. For more info, go to www.southcarolina-uspsa.org.

BTW, I shot my M&P for the first time in a match this Saturday - my first match in Production division. It was a blast! I will be enjoying it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, I'm actually planning on joining Mid-Carolina next month. I'm just waiting for the meeting time (2nd Monday of the month?) to get my application in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ravedavewave said:
Yeah, I'm actually planning on joining Mid-Carolina next month. I'm just waiting for the meeting time (2nd Monday of the month?) to get my application in.
That is the correct schedule for the meeting. The next one will be July 16th. I'll see you there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts